apps getting "deleted" upon phone startup

• Replies:27
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 23, 2015 9:53:20 AM via Website

I just bought the LG Leon 4 days ago .The same thing is happening on my phone. I installed the games that I had on my LG Motion .But on this phone I don,t date let it shut off or take out the battery because all but 1 or 2 of my games will be deleated .And I have to reinstall them all over .What is going on ,can you help us?

Mar 15, 2016 7:32:09 AM via Website

I don't have any suggestions. I have the same issue. When I restart my phone, I get a screen sometimes that pops up on reboot and says that it's scanning and optimizing my apps and warns me not to remove the battery before optimization is complete. It's about a 5 minute process. Then, when my phone is done optimizing and I unlock my screen, all the apps I have on my SD card are gone! There is an icon of a grey Android robot with the name of the deleted app underneath. When I try to click on it I get an error message saying "This app is not installed." When I go to my settings to view my apps, none of the deleted ones are there. Even Google Playstore shows them as uninstalled when I look them up. With time, however, the missing apps begin to appear one by one. It has taken anywhere from 2 minutes to nearly an hour in order for all of them to reappear. So bizarre! And extremely irritating! The first time it happened I cried because my photo gallery was gone and I thought I'd lost all my precious photos! :O

May 14, 2016 2:57:48 AM via Website

I'm getting the same problem too but most of my apps are being deleted when I turn on my phone but they still stay on my screen and also the color is almost like it's draining out of the apps because they become gray it's pretty weird but after a few minutes it fixes itself

Jun 17, 2016 2:51:07 AM via Website

Steven Blum

I have looked all over the internet and can't find anyone with any problem similar to yours. You are unique! Very unique. I will try posting this question in the German forums and see what happens, though.

Apologies for piggybacking on this query, but do you anyone else know how to "lock" app icons into position. I get my screens set up the way I want and invariably, icons disappear or get merged because of finger swipes and sliding the phone in and out of my pocket. It rarely looks the same from week to week. Any app suggestions or other idea would be appreciated. Bob

Jul 9, 2016 12:34:29 PM via Website

I for one just experienced this problem. This also happened a year ago with an update to my firmware from virgin mobile. Wiped my phone clean.

• Forum posts: 9

Sep 8, 2016 8:40:52 AM via Website

It's pity when you got a good app and suddenly it's gone.

• Forum posts: 79

Oct 10, 2016 6:49:57 AM via Website

Yes Im having the same issue with my Samsung soar II, it erases applications and leaves a watermark of the application, and when tapped on , says that its not introduced on the gadget.. it happens for the most part when my telephone is restarted.. on the other hand ceases to exist as a result of battery misfortune. it additionally makes the gooey start up music as it boots up my memory card....help!!! couldn't discover anything on the web that even verged on discussing this

Nov 30, 2016 12:01:55 AM via Website

I have the same trouble with missing apps on my rooted 5.0 Lollipop after a reboot (No apps on SD).
I find that the missing apps usually have two copies of themselves in the data\app directory.
What I describe will apply to all updated system apps and user apps:
For example Playstore is a system app but, after it is updated it is stored as data\app\com.android.vending-1 for the first update. Then data\app\com.android.vending-2 for the 2nd update.
Further updates will alternate between these two storage locations.
If something goes wrong and data\app\com.android.vending-1 does not get deleted you will have two copies of Playstore which I think will lead to a randomly disappearing playstore.
I delete the oldest dated of the two storage locations and reboot phone. If still missing I reinstall the app and make sure there is only one copy in data\app directory, I will delete the oldest again.
I have auto update apps turned off to reduce the problem. I have a TWRP backup so I do not worry about messing up the phone.
Good Luck!