Arty Farty: An Application for Art Lovers

• Replies:2
merdroid
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 22, 2011, 11:47:56 AM via Website

Hi,

We released our first android app this Monday and we would like to get some feeback from you Android users.

The app is called Arty Farty and it aims to be an art reference for android users.

We provide information on paintings, painters and museums. You can browse through the paintings, check the works of your favourite painters, have a look at the paintings in the permanent collections of some of the most important museums all over the world, locate those museums on a map.

Currently we have over 2500 paintings on display.

Please let us know what do you think about the app: its name, its look & feel, the quality of the content... Any feeback is appreciated, so we can improve it and make our users happy :).

Here is the link to the app on the Android Market:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.merdroid.artyfarty

And here is the link to our website

http://www.merdroid.com/

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Merdroid Development Team

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 22, 2011, 2:23:01 PM via Website

For me, it was confusing trying to figure out how to scroll through by artists. The only painter it displayed was Henry Ossawa Tanner and when I tried to scroll to another artist, the program wouldn't let me. I also couldn't figure out how to scroll through museums. The painting quality is nice but I wish I could zoom in and out with my fingers.

merdroid
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 22, 2011, 5:36:41 PM via Website

Hi Steven,

Thx for trying it out.

You just need to swipe left and right to scroll through the painters and museums, just as it is done with the paintings. Currently the swipe has to be at least of 40% of the screen length. We might change to a smaller value so it is easier to scroll.

You have the chance to zoom, there is button in the button bar and also if you double tap on the painting. That is on the Paintings tab. Where were you missing the zoom in the other tabs?

Cheers

Merdroid