Steve Jobs stepping down. discussion.

• Replies:12
Raj P.
  • Forum posts: 22

Aug 25, 2011, 6:47:08 PM via Website

what does everyone think about steve jobs stepping down? he obviously has an illness and I am very unhappy to see Android people cheering when the guy is virtually on his death bed. So I was wondering if there were some people willing to share their thoughts without being rude. I think it's a sad moment for the entire smartphone industry because Jobs is one of the guys that made technology what it is today. I think his work should be honored and all of this patent nonsense should be stopped.

Amir Reynolds
  • Forum posts: 6

Aug 25, 2011, 7:07:02 PM via Website

I think it's highly immoral for people to hide behind the anonymity of the Internet to insult a sick and dying man. I've been in the tech industry for a long time and Steve Jobs is a true trailblazer for all of us. I am extremely proud of what he has accomplished. Now although I am not a fan of the current Apple company, Steve Jobs will always remain for me a role model for innovation and creativity. The guy is a genius and we should appreciate it.

Maria Brambova
  • Forum posts: 23

Aug 25, 2011, 7:10:26 PM via Website

This is off-topic, but I love this picture.

Raj P.
  • Forum posts: 22

Aug 25, 2011, 7:11:27 PM via Website

Very cool picture, Maria. That's the Russian president visiting Apple, right? Steve Jobs not looking to healthy on this picture already.

Alex Jagolny
  • Forum posts: 32

Aug 25, 2011, 7:12:16 PM via Website

Apple will do fine even with Steve Jobs at the helm. He's put that ship on the right course and it's going to be sailing to clear skies.

Peter Long
  • Forum posts: 74

Aug 25, 2011, 7:13:58 PM via Website

Bigger and better companies that Apple will come along, but history will never forget Steve Jobs for what he did for the entire industry. Regardless of all the bad blood at the moment.

Kim Taylor
  • Forum posts: 10

Sep 6, 2011, 6:37:17 PM via Website

Great innovator who brought forth incredible ideas. The motion of this period in technology is attributed to more than one man's work but he will have his place in the history books.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Sep 7, 2011, 10:46:17 AM via Website

Even if you don't like his products and don't like his company you have to give credit where credit is due. He founded a company which for a short moment two weeks ago was pound for pound the most valuable company on the planet. And that after they almost went bankrupt twice in the 90s (both times after kicking Jobs out and bring in new talent) To a large extent Job was Apple . He founded the company and saved it twice and with his departure a great innovator has left the field. Granted, there are problem with Apple, their products and their business practices but at the end of the day they (to a large extent because of Jobs) have pushed forward and pulled the rest of the tech world with them.

Jamie Beckwith
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 7, 2012, 7:12:53 PM via App

I was an avid windows user since 3.1 and never thought I'd change to Mac. On a whim, after having 3 of our 4 laptops crash to the point the recovery wouldn't work, I did the unthinkable and bought a Mac. I've dropped it on the asphalt times, and it works! No crashes or freezing. I don't recommend testing this. I have my MAC and will never go back. Thanks Steve :D

I love my Evo 4G more than an iphone though.

Christopher Silva
  • Forum posts: 189

Jan 7, 2012, 10:35:32 PM via Website

I have to agree. Apple products are good. I have a Macbook and love it. I also have a windows notebook, and since Windows 7 came out it has been extremely stable. Currently I think that both operating systems offer similar stability. I guess it comes down to the hardware.

This is where Apple has been know to put in the extra time and research. Many new companies are coming close the Apple quality for less. Samsung, IBM/Lenovo, and Asus have been releasing great hardware in 2011. Good old Dell releases a winner every now and then too.

preetygirl sunona
  • Forum posts: 11

Jan 18, 2012, 10:24:24 AM via Website

Steve Jobs is one of the most respectable persons who should be most recognized in this world and also be mention in all the education books.
I feel good for all of his great gadgets, especially the iphone 4.
But after we all lost him, the iphone 4s was a big failure.
The androids never had any such technology that could compete with the iphone 4, but the iphone 4s and the androids proportionately became a big failure in the market with the release of the Nokia Lumia.
Re: Technically Lumia is the best device above the iphones.

Christopher Silva
  • Forum posts: 189

Jan 23, 2012, 12:50:16 PM via Website

preetygirl sunona
Steve Jobs is one of the most respectable persons who should be most recognized in this world and also be mention in all the education books.
I feel good for all of his great gadgets, especially the iphone 4.
But after we all lost him, the iphone 4s was a big failure.
The androids never had any such technology that could compete with the iphone 4, but the iphone 4s and the androids proportionately became a big failure in the market with the release of the Nokia Lumia.
Re: Technically Lumia is the best device above the iphones.

I disagree %100:

Apple iPhone 4 and 4s are very fragile devices with solid tech but nothing incredible. Where they both do well is on the OS. iOS is very smooth and well designed. But Honestly, hardware, small- glass screen that breaks when you drop it. Extremely heavy and slippery. Oh well. Just facts. Almost forgot to mention. Samsung is about 20% of the chips in the iPhone4 :-)

— modified on Jan 23, 2012, 12:50:37 PM