"R " on the notification bar.

• Replies:4
Hans Brunott
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 3, 2011, 8:10:34 AM via Website

Hi there
On my HTC ChaCha I have a "R" on the notification bar just above the signal strength bars I don't know how to remove this or what it is trying to tell me sometimes the "R" changes to a "X" if that happens a notice comes on on the screen saying emergency calls only.

I have 2 HTC ChaCha phones the second one (used by my wife ) does't act like this at all.

Please can somebody help me to sort this problem.

Regards :

Hans Brunott.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Dec 6, 2011, 12:35:47 PM via Website

I couldn't find anything similar in the posts on our site or online but it might be that you have a simcard issue. I had something similar with my old Vodafone card a couple of years ago. I'd try switching the sim cards on your phone for a day or two and see if the problem doesn't replecate itself on your wife's phone. If it does, then it's a sim card issue. If your phone still has the error with your wife's sim in it, then it's a problem with either the phones hardware / software or your providers network. In that case I would contact the store where you got the phone and see if they can do something about it.

Hope that helps.

Hans Brunott

Dec 6, 2011, 3:29:10 PM via Website

Thank you for this input I have taken the phone back to the shop but so fare the are very un-helpful . but thanks again I also believe that it is the sim card

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Dec 7, 2011, 11:59:07 AM via Website

I hear that about how unfriendly people in the stores can be! When you find out what the problem is it would be great if you could post it here so that we have the information in the forum.

In anycase, I hope your phone gets sorted out soon!

Hans Brunott

Dec 9, 2011, 6:26:06 AM via Website

Hi there I will come back to you as soon as I know anything so-far I have heart nothing from the store since last monday when the phoned my, to say that if I get the "X" instead of the "R" thats when the phone shows ( EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY ) I MUST SWITCH OFF THE PHONE AN TRY AGAIN , Looks like a other case of incompetent staff, I can't phone them because the keep there phone on fax mode , The shop in question is Telcom 8.ta in Gape gate Brackenfell Cape town. I told them to send it in for repair , I just have to wait for them to contact me .