Updating App - Updates don't show after updating app

• Replies:3
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 8, 2012, 2:25:00 AM via Website

I renamed my app and generated a new apk file. When I install this new apk on my phone which had the previous version of the app, changes aren't show. However if I uninstall the previous version and installed the new one, it works fine. I want to know if this problem will be faced by my users once I upload the new apk to market.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 8, 2012, 12:20:27 PM via Website

Shakira Algarin
I renamed my app and generated a new apk file. When I install this new apk on my phone which had the previous version of the app, changes aren't show. However if I uninstall the previous version and installed the new one, it works fine. I want to know if this problem will be faced by my users once I upload the new apk to market.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hmm..thats a tough one. Normally renaming the apk shouldnt cause a problem as long as the .apk extension stays on the end. Did anything else within the app drastically change, or did you simply update it?

And are you talking about the Androidpit market, or the Android market?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 8, 2012, 3:59:09 PM via Website

The others changes I do were changing the app icon/logo, improved some code and added a splash screen.

And Im talking about Android Market.

Thanks

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 9, 2012, 1:21:01 PM via Website

Hmm..if you tinkered with the code, you might be best off to speak with a developer about this issue.

Have you posted your question over on the XDA formes? Maybe they can examine the code changes to see if something there caused the issue.