- Forum posts: 1
Sep 21, 2012, 5:11:04 PM via Website
Sep 21, 2012 5:11:04 PM via Website
If you have updated your Acer Iconia A500 Tablet to ICS, then it must have broken the root access on your device. If you have been using a rooted device for quite some time, then you probably won’t like to keep your tablet unrooted for a long time. So for you, here we have a guide on how you can root your Iconia A500 Tablet.
What You Need?
- You must be running on the Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Make sure that your device is fully charged. It is to avoid any interruptions during the process.
- Root Package (Download link is given in the Step-2 in the first post) Mirror Link
- Extract files from the Root Package ZIP archive to your Desktop.
- Get your hands on your tablet and head to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging, turn it ON.
- Connect your tablet to the PC using the USB cable.
- You are all set to root your device, following are the machine-specific steps
- If you are running a Windows based PC, double-click the runit-win.bat file and it should root your device.
- If you are running a Linux based PC, double-click the runit-linux.sh file and the rooting will begin.
- After executing the batch files, you will have root access on your device.
- Download the Superuser App from the Play Store for the root access management.
- Brilliant ! The root access has now successfully been achieved on your tablet and the apps you wanted to work on your phone aren’t afar from you.
— modified on Sep 21, 2012, 5:12:49 PM