BTBotControl - Remote Control a robot and see what it sees via IPCam or cellphone

• Replies:0
Dave A
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 27, 2013, 2:57:27 PM via Website

Hey everyone,

I'm new at this.. So forgive me if I am doing something wrong. I built a robot with an IPCam mounted to it (to navigate and take shots of hard to reach areas in my ducts and attic). Also built an Android app to go along with it and wanted to share it. It's called BTBotControl (since I'm new, I can't post links, but if you search for BTBotControl in Google Play, you will find it). Details below:

• Robot remote control & IP Cam viewer via WiFi and Bluetooth. BTBotControl allows you to control your robot over Bluetooth via joystick, and optionally seeing what it sees via an IPCam.
  • Coordinates are generated as X +/- and Y +/-. These are packaged and sent over Bluetooth in the following format: sX=val,Y=vale (i.e. sX=75,Y=55e) where 's' indicates the start and 'e' indicates the end.
  • There are also 4 Command buttons that can be used to control additional features on your robot. Each command is sent in the following format: cvale (i.e. For Command #2 c2e) where 'c' indicates the start. 2 is the value and 'e' indicates the end. You can then parse and interpret these values to have your robot perform additional tasks. (sample Arduino code provided)
  • Shows video stream of IP Camera mounted to robot. This could be any standard IP camera, or you can use your phone with an app that converts it to an IP cam (i,e. IP Webcam for Android).
  • Configurable camera URLs
  • Configurable Bluetooth connections and packet interval
  • Will remember last Bluetooth connection for easy re-connect
  • Sample Arduino Sketch provided (below)
  • Screen auto-resizes for smaller phones
  • Supports any micro controller that can read Bluetooth data. You can use the Arduino sample to create your own custom app.