How to read only THE NEWEST E-Mails on Android Mobile

• Replies:0
Tom Laws
  • Forum posts: 1

May 7, 2013, 12:51:44 PM via Website

Hello everybody,

I have following question. I have been using my standard e-mail box for more than 10 years. Since always, I decided not to delete old e-mails. I like it, because I can always find something that was in the past. The drawback is, this e-mail box contains sever thousands of e-mails.

Now I would like to access to the box via my Android (4.0.4, ICS) device. I do worry, that when I configure the e-mail client to read e-mails from my old box, the phone runs out of memory in seconds.

Therefore a question: do you know any app, or any solution, that allows me to access only to THE NEWEST e-mails from mobile device? I would say 10...50 last e-mails are enough. When a new mail comes, than the last should be deleted from the mobile device. Of course, it should left unchanged on the original e-mail server, so I can still access it from PC. So it means, Android app should not delete it, even if it does not display it anymore.

Do you know any client/settings that can fulfill this requirement? Or maybe you have an another idea, how to solve it?

By the way, does the Android mail app download the e-mail and stores it on a mobile? Or does it just display the e-mail?
I wonder, because, if the app does not store anything on the mobile device, maybe I should not worry about the space so much?