Samsung Galaxy S4 Hard Reset

• Replies:31
  • OpenStickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 663

Aug 8, 2014 9:32:51 AM via Website

Robert Pozek

Yes I have tried with kies. But I dont manage to get the phone connected to kies do its not possible to start up the phone more than to the logo.

Can I connect to kies in another way with the phone you mean?

Odin and kies fails and you can't enter recovery mode so flash a different custom recovery tar in odin. If ur using CWM, then flash TWRP,

switch off the phone
Press and hold VOLUME UP and HOME (middle) button and power key , when you see the blue text ,release the keys

if you still can't access the recovery after flashing a custom recovery then it can be a hardware problem.

— modified on Aug 8, 2014 9:33:08 AM

Ready To Help You.

• Forum posts: 1

Aug 27, 2014 3:11:51 AM via Website

Hi i have done a hard reset and now its all in chinese
what do i do now?

Oct 30, 2014 7:16:47 AM via Website

If I restore my galaxy s4 and i forgot the password, will it require some sort of authentication after the restore?

• Forum posts: 6

Nov 10, 2014 2:59:22 AM via Website

very helpful info.please post more info.

Nov 12, 2014 6:55:47 PM via Website

I had this exact same problem, the battery fully depleted and when I went to charge it the only thing that would happen is a vibration every couple seconds, nothing would come up on the screen.

I held the volume, home, and power buttons and booted into recovery mode and just hit reboot device, I didn't need to do the reset. I am back up and running now.

Probably going to upgrade to a new model though, this one has been giving me trouble. Sensor issues, screen goes black like it thinks it's on a table and you're not using it, or up to your ear when on a call, but I'm not. Even disabled the bs features and still does it..

Dec 10, 2014 12:03:14 AM via Website

I want to ask but what will happen if I factory reset my Samsung Galaxy S4 International GT-I9500 which is rooted? Will anything bad happen? Cause I'm finding problems with my phone being rooted and I really wanna factory reset it but I don't know what will happen if you factory reset a rooted S4. Please help !!

• Forum posts: 2

Mar 3, 2015 8:09:41 AM via Website

Am having galaxy s4 active and sometimes when i get a call or make a call i cant hear the person and the person too cant hear me, what could be the coarse of this problem please

• Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,138

Mar 3, 2015 3:25:40 PM via Website

Am having galaxy s4 active and sometimes when i get a call or make a call i cant hear the person and the person too cant hear me, what could be the coarse of this problem please

Well, if you are encountering this problem sometimes then I would say your device is perfectly fine and the problem is with your service provider, you can try giving a call to the customer support people about the same or you can also try switching to some different service provider. :)

Mar 28, 2015 2:03:40 PM via Website

My Galaxy S4 is 3 weeks old from EE, it came out the box with Kitkat 4.4.2 which I like, Samsung did an update yesterday to Lollipop 5.0. If I do a factory reset will I get Kitkat back or am I stuck with Lollipop? Thank you for any advice. Mike

Jun 25, 2015 12:42:16 PM via Website

hi, I have Samsung galaxy s4 gt-i9500, I forget my password so what can I do

Jun 25, 2015 12:45:13 PM via Website

I forget password on my phone Samsung galaxy s4

Nov 13, 2015 7:10:46 AM via Website

Hey I have the exact same problem on my phone! I can download google store from Internet but it will have a white screen then just close. It's really annoying as I can't get any apps. Plz let me know if u find or have found a fix for this