using link2sd to move google apps

• Replies:4
  • Answered
Eldar Negrin
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 11, 2013, 6:22:49 AM via Website

hi,
i have a galaxy mini s5570 and it's internal storage is just a pharse. the basic google bundle is filling it up to the point that i can't recieve an sms let alone install or god forbid update something.
the cache is empty and yet there is not enough room.

can the link2sd move the basic google apps?

thanks.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jul 12, 2013, 6:05:13 PM via Website

I haven't tried to move Google Maps on that device, but link2sd should be able to do it as it allows you to force move apps, even when the option is not normally available. It's a free install so give it a go and let us know if it worked, as I think a lot of people want to do the exact same thing!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Eldar Negrin

Jul 14, 2013, 1:46:09 PM via Website

Kris Carlon
I haven't tried to move Google Maps on that device, but link2sd should be able to do it as it allows you to force move apps, even when the option is not normally available. It's a free install so give it a go and let us know if it worked, as I think a lot of people want to do the exact same thing!
I tried it and couldn't move the google basic apps...
This is a very handy tool though, even for my sII, as i could move any other app, except those with widgets.

As for the s5570, the problem presists as i have only 20-30 MB available after only google basic apps are installed..
i guess the better solution is just buy a newer version with a lot more memory.. anyone out in the market now should be fine as my s5570 is very old.

Thanks for your reply!

— modified on Jul 14, 2013, 1:46:28 PM

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jul 15, 2013, 2:36:59 PM via Website

Hi Eldar, I looked into this a little more and it looks like the move2sd app allows you to specifically move Google Maps and Google Play services to the sd card, and even set the default location for all future installs to be the sd card. I haven't tried it but it might be worth a shot to free up some more space on your device!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Eldar Negrin

Jul 16, 2013, 8:08:23 AM via Website

Kris Carlon
Hi Eldar, I looked into this a little more and it looks like the move2sd app allows you to specifically move Google Maps and Google Play services to the sd card, and even set the default location for all future installs to be the sd card. I haven't tried it but it might be worth a shot to free up some more space on your device!

I confirm this, as i've already done that. thank you!