Hi everyone

• Replies:4
Northernbaygirl
  • Forum posts: 52

Aug 13, 2013, 2:31:43 AM via Website

Hi everyone, I've been hanging around for a while reading the articles but never realised that there was actually a forum as well...... doh!!

Well, I'm Jenn, age 32, I live in the north east of England. I got my first Android device in 2010 (a HTC Desire) and fell totally in love with it, after that I got a HTC Sensation XE (man I wish I still had that beauty), followed by a Sony Xperia P (quite a nice phone but a bit brick-like), currently I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini which I am quite fond of, I also have an Asus MeMo Pad & a Samsung Galaxy Player.

Apart from phones & Android OS I enjoy photography (taking my own photos and admiring the work of others), movies & tv. reading, cooking, bowling, swimming and walking (although the last 3 are currently off the 'menu' as I am currently house-bound due to the sudden onset of Atrial Flutter)

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Aug 13, 2013, 6:00:43 PM via Website

Hi!

Thanks for ''discovering'' our forum! We are happy to have new blood! And I hope you feel better soon!

Wow, you seem like you've tried it all: Sony, HTC, Samsung, Asus....what haven't you tried :P

I've seen you contributing to some of our ongoing conversations! Thanks and keep it up!

— modified on Aug 13, 2013, 6:11:20 PM

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Aug 13, 2013, 6:15:41 PM via Website

Hi Jenn, welcome to the community and thanks for all your comments and reads! I started my own Android odyssey with the HTC Desire too (which I still have for maps etc when traveling), making a fundamental choice against Apple smartphones which I've never changed my mind on since. I have to ask...will all this HTC promotional buzz with Robert Downey Jr get you thinking about possibly making another HTC device your next handset? Or has Samsung made its mark on you?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Northernbaygirl

Aug 13, 2013, 9:50:40 PM via Website

Thanks Loie........ well up to now I have not owned an LG made Android device (may change if I decide on a Nexus 4) or a Motorola one. Although I have had a phone by each of them pre Android days, on the tablet front the Asus is my 2nd (1st was a CnM that went back to Argos because it froze constantly and the battery lasted about 3 hours)

Northernbaygirl

Aug 13, 2013, 11:12:40 PM via Website

The Desire is such a great phone, I think iOS has its merits and I did enjoy using it on my old ipod touch but it's just too restrictive. If you want an iOS phone your choice is, well there is no choice, it's Apple iphone or nothing. You want an Android phone your choice is wide and varied. I tend not to be swayed by marketing gimmicks, if I like something I like it. If HTC was to make something that fit my 'needs' (read wants) I would probably get it, but right now there isn't anything in their line-up that fits, I quite like the look of the One/One Mini but not enough to fore-go a card slot, Samsung seems to have it pretty well covered at the minute, the S4, S4 mini, Note 2 and possibly the upcoming Note 3 are all contenders