Forced 4.3 update got rid of blue navigator icon can not revert to maps 6.0 ((((

• Replies:1
K Blair Snow
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 24, 2013, 4:07:30 AM via Website

I am so upset because AT&T forced 4.3 update on my phone. For a month constantly ignored then yesterday message displayed could no longer be postponed.Now the blue Navigation icon is missing & even when I do uninstall google maps update doesn't revert to 6.0. Is that because 4.3 won't allow it to and if so is there a work around. My phone was already set up to allow manual updates only which is how I kept blue navigation for so long & never updated maps. but when 4.3 was forced it looks as it removed blue navigation app.Thank You.

— modified on Oct 24, 2013, 4:08:20 AM

Amy R.
  • Forum posts: 238

Oct 24, 2013, 5:34:14 AM via App

That sucks!!! Something very weird happened to me when it came to the 4.2 upgrade for my note.

My US Cellular contract specifically states that they can't force undates and upgrades on tabet plans and I also had my device set up not to accept automatic updates. For weeks, I'd get those annoying update pop-ups and postpone them. One day, I got sick of the pop-up and selected cancel. The CRAZIEST thing happened! After I selected cancel update, it was like my tablet became possessed or something! I'm watching my tablet go to the settings on its own and an invisable finger turned the wifi on! SH!T, I was sitting in the living room when it happened and barely had any towers to begin with! It wouldn't allow me to turn the wifi off and I was forced to turn my tablet off before any potential wifi connection was established!

Christ, you say No and it tries to force the upgrade on you anyway!!!

I later read the manifest for it and found there was a vpn override written in the routine which allows this to be possible. I disabled the software update widget and turned notifications off. I also disabled Kies via Wi-Fi and turned the notifications off. After every boot, I go into my settings and force stop both Software Updates and FWUpgrade and zero out the data in both. I don't want to take any chances. I like what I got.........

Don't know if you made a back up of your old system.

Not sure if there is anything less drastic than doing a hard reset to your system and recovering your back up from your computer (if you own one). This is a little out of my league, sorry.................

— modified on Oct 24, 2013, 6:08:17 AM

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ