Samsung Galaxy

• Replies:8
greytribe
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 26, 2013, 9:52:52 AM via Website

I'm using a Samsung galaxy S3 pros with stunning HD Screen. It is one of the fastest android phone for me.
It has a good quality 8 Megapixel camera and a microSD slot for expanding storage:)

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Nov 27, 2013, 5:26:03 PM via Website

Hey @greytribe, you certainly picked a good phone. The S3 is the most popular phone amongst our readers, even if the S4 has now sold more units. Glad you're happy with it. But I have to ask: have you received the Android 4.3 update yet? How is it working for you?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Vikram Kyle
  • Forum posts: 13

Dec 2, 2013, 7:30:55 AM via Website

Congrats for your new samsung galaxy S3. This is a good phone and keep update with latest app on your phone.

MAGISTR-S
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 9, 2014, 6:45:12 PM via Website

yea, nice device )

Alec B.
  • Forum posts: 35

Jan 10, 2014, 4:10:34 AM via App

best buy..from China..S3 is flamingly fast!!..with dual sims & android 4.4 installed..and stunning viewing..the an tu tu rates on it at 41230 (??)...& 3600mha battery..I was given a S4 but that WAS so slow compared to $3..brilliant..for those awaiting 4,3 update you will die for the Android 4.4.

Alec b

Alicelewis
  • Forum posts: 10

Jan 13, 2014, 9:02:52 PM via Website

If I were you, I'd opt for the Galaxy S3.
It has a larger screen, faster processor, more RAM, double internal storage space, larger capacity battery. The only advantage the S4 Mini has over the S3 is some of the software features like Smart Rotate, Smart Stay, Sound & Shot, etc. But, these features will be coming soon to the Galaxy S3 as well through a software update.

plck74
  • Forum posts: 50

Jan 15, 2014, 5:41:32 AM via App

i never heard samsung s3 pros? it is new model? sorry if i didnt update info.

Dave Jarratt
  • Forum posts: 15

Jan 21, 2014, 4:13:46 PM via Website

A very interesting question to our fellow member. Has he received 4.3 for his Galaxy S3?

My S3 (i9300) had it's first birthday last week. Poor old thing didn't get a Kit Kat or worse,not even a Jelly bean.It gets by as an Ice Cream.I'm not a phone fundi but if everybody gets a bean or a piece of rather nice chocolate, then I'm kinda pissed off that all I get is friggin Ice Cream. I feel cheated like maany who buy a VW motor and a week later -- kapow there's a different model.I'm 70 and feel entitled to moan but my advice to my offspring is to go with the Google Nexus phone(who the hell can afford an Apple (in South Africa a greenback costs me over 16 of our funny money)

I've had my bitch for the day and as usual,nothing magic has happened--I'm still an Ice Cream.Thanks for listening to my moans,I love you all for it.
Dave Jarratt.

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Jan 21, 2014, 7:17:12 PM via Website

Bummer about your S3 not getting its updates. Standard question from me, of course, is: have you tried a workaround? Your warranty is expired by now, so there's no loss in rooting it and flashing JB 4.2.2 (I hear 4.3 for Samsung is awful).

Check out developer sites for good ROMs and follow directions carefully if you choose to do so.

--I do a good impression of myself--