Samsung Galaxy Note 2 — neither wifi nor hotspot will turn on my Galaxy Note 2

• Replies:47
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 30, 2016 4:30:53 AM via Website

Hi I have been having similar problems but also my rotation and gps location doesn't work as well as my wifi and bluetooth. I have tried smacking the phone and now my bluetooth works #miracle. But the rest doesn't is there anything I can do?

Sep 25, 2016 8:00:33 AM via Website

funny thing is, smacking the phone works perfect. just smack that phone

Nov 10, 2016 10:19:32 AM via Website

I tried everything like rebooting, factory reset, everything but still i cant open my wifi ....the slider moves and after 15 sec comes again in his position but it dosent get ON at all ! Give me some idea to fix this shit !!!

• Forum posts: 3

Mar 8, 2017 2:25:14 PM via Website

Hello - I have a Samsung III mini, now some 3 years old, and the WiFi has suddenly failed. Refuses to switch on.

Can be persuaded to display "Turning on..." but nothing happens.

Tried banging the back a few times and the same, reasonably hard, on each corner.

No dice. I thought I'd enquire - is this a known fault on the SIII mini too?

Alternatively, does anyone know where the WiFi aerial might be and what it looks like.

Can I remove the 10 screws from the back of the case and give the aerial a nudge?

Jul 24, 2017 12:45:56 AM via Website

Bedpost smack therapy didn't help me.
Maybe not the right bedpost😊
Nevertheless, it inspired me to ...
I powered off my phone, opened the back cover, removed the battery, re-seated the sim, removed the dust that had somehow settled inside, with a soft bristle brush, and blowing off any loose dust, put everything back together & switched on, and was pleased to see my wifi back ON!
I suspect the dust was the problem and
I guess, if the dust is reasonably loose, smacking can help dislodging it from sensitive wifi antennae areas.

Jul 25, 2017 10:37:44 AM via Website

I have a little puffer for blowing dust off camera lenses. I'll try it on this old phone. Along with some more banging.

Aug 22, 2017 6:42:29 AM via Website

No, I tried puffing all over the insides of this phone and it made no difference. But the replacement was only £60 from Amazon.

Strange that the new phone (brand new it was, socket was tight) doesn't work the same as the old and in some ways is less sophisticated! Screen doesn't show battery %age, and texting refuses to "learn" my spelling or signature.

• Forum posts: 83

Aug 22, 2017 7:44:40 AM via Website

It can be modem or wifi signal issue. recently i also face this problem then i brought high range modem then problem will be solved.