- Forum posts: 1,116
May 14, 2014, 11:36:05 AM via Website
May 14, 2014 11:36:05 AM via Website
If you are having troubles with the battery on your Moto X, it may be time to fix it with a little tweak. This procedure that will be described below will NOT actually remove any files or settings on your Moto X, but it will remove any temporary files that are the reason the battery is draining more than usual. This is what you should do BEFORE even thinking of doing a factory reset.
- Power down the Moto X. Press the Volume down and Power button for 2-3 seconds.
- Use the Volume down key and scroll through the options to Recovery. Press the Volume Up key to make a selection.
- The Motorola logo will then display, followed by the Android in distress logo.
- Press and hold the Volume up key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the Volume up key tap and let go of the Power key.
- Additional menu options will be displayed and some text will appear in blue.
- With the Volume down key, scroll to wipe cache partition. Use the Power Key to select.
- A partition wipe will then be performed.
- The Moto X will reboot as usual.
Did this work for you?
Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! Important to all community members: please read before posting