How to back up LG G2 data to PC?

• Replies:15
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
Lalit
  • Mod
  • EXPERT

May 16, 2014 7:07:34 AM via Website

Well, LG has inbuilt option to backup the data of your whole device over the cloud network just go to the Settings>Backup & Restore>LG Backup Service. Use it to backup your data online over the LG backup centre, before you mess up with your device. Once your messing up completes you can use the LG backup service to restore the settings, contacts, pictures etc.

Loie Favre
  • Admin
  • Staff

May 16, 2014 11:35:53 AM via Website

Hey!

John brings up a very good point here.

If you want to backup your data to your PC:

• just plug the device into your computer. Using a USB cable or other method of connection, plug the storage device into the computer you wish to back up.
  • Inserting the device should automatically bring up a dialog box asking what you’d like to do with it. One of the options should be to use the device as a backup and open File History. Choose this option.
  • In the event that this dialogue does not open automatically, you can set up the backup manually by going to the search and looking up File History. It can alternatively be found through the Control Panel.

There you go! :)

Nov 4, 2014 7:28:01 AM via Website

You can use an andorid assistant to help, know more:
transfer-motorola-recovery.com

— modified on Nov 4, 2014 7:28:43 AM

Mar 27, 2015 7:27:19 AM via Website

Here are detailed steps to backup your lg g2 data to pc:
1. Connect your Android phone to computer (Windows or Mac) via the USB cable.
2. On your Android, select "USB connection" from the pull-down menu.
3. On the next page, choose USB Mass Storage and hit OK.
4. You'll see a new drive or "Removable Disk" appear on your computer for the SD card. Open it up, and copy all the files inside to a new location on your computer.
If you accidentally lost your data you can try Tenorshar Android Data to recover it.

Jun 2, 2015 9:35:38 AM via Website

Let me say, you can use the third party software to back up LG G2 data to pc. Try a call MobiKin Assistant for Android. Believe it can help you back LG data to computer easily.

— modified on Jun 8, 2015 8:34:07 AM

Jun 9, 2015 1:17:02 PM via Website

For the data like photos, files, you can connect your phone with USB to transfer to pc
For the data like sms and contacts, you can use gmail to backup your data.

Jun 19, 2015 11:44:14 AM via Website

Connect your Android device to your computer via the USB cable.
You'll see a new drive or "Removable Disk" appear on your computer for the SD card. Open it up, and copy all the files inside to a new location on your computer.

Jun 26, 2015 5:38:18 AM via Website

Choosing google account to backup your LG phone contacts . :P

Jun 28, 2015 12:30:43 PM via Website

You can directly export all of your data from LG to your computer via USB or bluetooth.

Jul 1, 2015 11:14:05 AM via Website

backup files using USB connection, backup sms and contacts using gmial

Jul 27, 2015 11:28:15 AM via Website

Use Android Manager to backup LG data must be a good choice. This tool is able to transfer Android phone data to PC in a simple way.

Jul 29, 2015 2:48:15 AM via Website

I was having problems with my LG G2 and I decided to do a factory reset and then restore my phone to a LG backup I did a couple months ago. I saved the backup file to my google drive in a way similar to how this this forum says to. How do I put the restore back on my phone? I have tried saving it under the LG backup file in internal storage, but it just shows up as a "damaged file" when I open my phone. There was an LG backup update between when I backed up my phone and now if that could be a problem. Thanks for any help.

Jul 29, 2015 8:05:48 AM via Website

LG backup service to restore the settings,
contacts, pictures etc.

Aug 10, 2015 12:51:32 PM via Website

zxcv qwer

You can use an andorid assistant to help, know more:
transfer-motorola-recovery.com