Google Nexus 5 — A few screenies from Android 5.0L

• Replies:7
sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jun 27, 2014, 10:39:19 AM via Website

This is just the preview version of Android 5.0L converted to a flashable zip by some nice dev at xda here. The overall experience is quite good and the notification setup becomes intuitive pretty quickly. Overall seems a bit smoother and snappier than 4.4.4, not bad for a preview version, so once a release version has been... released it should be noticably faster with better battery life. There is root available, but as i write this there's no compatible busybox so not many root apps will work. All instructions are in the thread if you want to try it...image.

imageimageimage

Update- Busybox X has been updated to work with android 5.0. Some root apps will now work, but others will still need to be updated by the developer to work with this version.

— modified on Jun 27, 2014, 11:10:19 PM

Sinkster

noli

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jun 27, 2014, 11:01:55 AM via Website

Well, that is just cool ! @Sinkster can you tell us the specification i.e. if I would like to install it over my device what is the minimum specification that my device must have ?? I am not that much expert with this one, so correct me if I am wrong somewhere !! :$

noli

sinkster

Jun 27, 2014, 11:15:27 AM via Website

At the moment it's only for Nexus devices. The thread I have linked to is for the Nexus 5 though there will more than likely be similar works for the Nexus 4/7 on other threads. For non-Nexus devices you'll need to wait for either a custom rom (cyanogenmod, aopk etc) to release it or a dev on xda/modaco to port it, which could be anything from a few days to a few weeks. Or you could wait for Google to release it generally, your manufacturer to incorporate their own bloatware, then your carrier to approve everything; this could take at least a good few months...
If you're running the G Pro 2 then because it's a relatively new phone there may not be many devs/custom roms yet (normally cyanogenmod only develops roms for phones after being contacted by a number of owners) then you my have to wait a while.

Sinkster

noli

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jun 27, 2014, 11:33:12 AM via Website

Okay this just means that for specification we need to wait a bit more !! Actually What I am up to is to root my device and flash the developer preview version over my device but as you said I need to wait a bit more for it until devs of CyanogenMod and other will show up their work. :angel:

noli

Aleksandrs Solovjovs
  • Forum posts: 15

Oct 23, 2014, 9:28:28 PM via Website

Will there be a possibillity to update the android phone on older devices..? I have Xperia Z Tablet and I had ann update to 4.4.4 version at the day, when Lollipop was released..

noli

sinkster

Oct 23, 2014, 10:05:13 PM via Website

Sony have said they will update the Xperia tablet Z to android 5.x in early 2015.

Sinkster

noli

Aleksandrs Solovjovs
  • Forum posts: 15

Oct 26, 2014, 9:02:40 PM via Website

Do you have an official article about this? Because evrybody are rumoring and noone knows for sure in the end..

noli

Bartosz Garus
  • Forum posts: 13

Oct 27, 2014, 12:45:51 PM via Website

blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/10/16/were-bringing-android-5-0-lollipop-to-the-entire-xperia-z-series/

So ye, i guess they will do it :)

noli