Interested in making games for Android? Might want to check out this "learn to build games" offer for $49

• Replies:4
Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 25, 2014, 10:47:58 PM via Website

stacksocial.com are offering professional online developer tutorials for how to make games for Android (among other platforms) in a bundle usually costing $989, but currently reduced by 95% to just $49. If you're interested in making games for Android it's definitely worth looking into. Here's the link.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/become-a-game-developer-in-no-time?aid=a-a6bl7rbm&utm_source=kotaku.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=gamedevbundle#

Just as a side note, I actually purchased one of these bundles before called "how to build a website from scratch" and I found the introduction to HTML coding lectures really useful.

John
  • Forum posts: 14

Jul 26, 2014, 12:15:31 PM via Website

Scott i do not know, how to develop a application, can you tell me if i can join their course and make my own application ?

— modified on Jul 26, 2014, 12:15:55 PM

Scott Adam Gordon

Jul 26, 2014, 1:47:27 PM via Website

Hey John,

Well it depends on what type of application you want to make. If it's a game you want to make then yes, you could join there course and make your own application. They have a set of lectures called "Learn Android App Development From Scratch" and the only requirement is that you have a

Windows, Mac or a Linux PC having a minimum of 2GB RAM

If you want to make an app that is NOT a game, then sadly I don't think this will help you.

Homeworld Arts
  • Forum posts: 17

Jul 28, 2014, 8:09:49 PM via App

There are no gamedev skills that can't be learned for free by simply reading forums. There are countless companies making money by taking advantage of people eager to make games. Do the research. There is nothing this course can teach you that you could not learn for free.

Scott Adam Gordon

Jul 29, 2014, 9:38:46 AM via Website

Homeworld Arts

There are no gamedev skills that can't be learned for free by simply reading forums. There are countless companies making money by taking advantage of people eager to make games. Do the research. There is nothing this course can teach you that you could not learn for free.

I agree with you, but only to an extent.

The internet has given us access to almost anything, but it's not curated. I think people who are trying to create useful advice FOR A LIVING, can often offer more digestible and intelligible information than hobbyists. This is not ALWAYS the case, of course, but these lectures attempt to offer universally understood and transferable skills with a direct focus.

Anyway, what you say is true. So, with that in mind, is it possible you could direct any of our forum members to some good places to start if they wanted to begin making Android game apps?? :D

Also, "taking advantage of people eager to make games" - that's a bit cynical isn't it!?