Name the Worst application you have ever downloaded/used over your device?

• Replies:26
  • OpenStickiedUnanswered
Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,147

Aug 11, 2014 12:55:58 PM via Website

Howdy members,

I have seen a number of thread over here asking about Good applications,(yawn) Which keeps getting me bored, I would say that's just enough, it's time to unleash the bad of the baddest application (devil)

*Name the worst application you ever used or downloaded over your device? *

(nerd)PS: Please remember this is a good community (of-course we all know), so be devil (devil) but in a good way (smug).

— modified on Aug 11, 2014 1:01:24 PM

• Forum posts: 746

Aug 11, 2014 3:22:25 PM via Website

Hard to say John. Most of the really bad apps have been long forgotten, or have been improved and became quite good. Other 'bad' apps may be a developers first attempt, so it would be unfair to name and shame them for that. Personally, the worst apps I've had tended to be carrier or manufacturer stuff, like the early Sony social suites or early HTC Sense and Samsung TouchWiz apps.

Sinkster

• Forum posts: 12

Sep 6, 2014 7:24:11 AM via Website

I try not to remember the worst apps :)

However I can name some chief offences:
1. apps that keeps on rotating even I have turn auto rotate OFF
2. apps with ad interruptions almost all the time, you end up watching ads more than using the app
3. apps that declare too many permissions it doesn't need
4. apps that eat battery life
5. apps that use foreground service to try to stay alive when they don't need to.

• Forum posts: 5

Sep 11, 2014 10:53:55 AM via Website

Apps that send notifications when you haven't used them in a while.

"Hey, you should try our game again"

Those get uninstalled very quickly.

• Forum posts: 88

Sep 11, 2014 11:56:27 AM via Website

worst application i have ever downloaded is one car racing game i don't remember its name but it looks great in screenshots and great icon but when i run it. i seen the worst graphics that i have ever seen, so i really didn't like this and uninstall it.

• Forum posts: 16

Sep 13, 2014 12:41:27 AM via Website

riksweeney

Apps that send notifications when you haven't used them in a while.

"Hey, you should try our game again"

Those get uninstalled very quickly.

The same!

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,147

Sep 13, 2014 5:49:14 AM via App

Well @Adam Marcinkiewicz and @riksweeney I guess you guys have installed the application because you want to use the app rather filling up the device storage (laughing) anyway I am also irritated by those applications especially when you don't have the priviledges to uninstall them, I do feels odd some times with the chaton app i never use it and sometimes it sends me notification that there's a new sticker store or .... (angry) I hate it a lot !

• Forum posts: 167

Nov 30, 2014 11:23:51 AM via Website

I like to play games on my device and I have downloaded a lot of games. Some of them I have found worst. Like car racing, motor race 3d etc. I have also found some anti-virus useless.

TotalSystemCare - Software to Care for your PC

Mar 5, 2015 6:39:25 PM via Website

I can't remember the name, but it was a game with aweful background. And the only thing you could do was tapping the screen to do jump in the air (whew)

• Forum posts: 227

May 15, 2015 5:18:45 AM via Website

Lalit

@Sinkster I do agree that it would be like throwing a hammer on developers by mentioning their app names under the wrost. But I actually want to count number of users gone crazy with the apps... :D

It would be like throwing a hammer on developers by mentioning their app names under the worst. ... --- Yes, I think so, too. If I think some app I downloaded is useful or good enough, I will just uninstall it. :)

• Forum posts: 7

Jul 4, 2015 12:10:37 PM via Website

Most kids' apps!
All thos coloring apps which are unresponsive.
I even had one app which displays animals pictures and names them. Sometimes, the name was wrong or impossible to understand!

• Forum posts: 9

Sep 14, 2015 10:52:38 AM via Website

Good app

Oct 12, 2015 6:24:09 PM via Website

Don't remember

Oct 12, 2015 6:24:56 PM via Website

Five Z

Most kids' apps!
All thos coloring apps which are unresponsive.
I even had one app which displays animals pictures and names them. Sometimes, the name was wrong or impossible to understand!

Kids apps really suck

Jan 14, 2016 5:49:56 PM via Website

The worst apps that I've downloaded till now are some apps that are very big in MB and difficult to play... and also bad explained... and I even don't remember the names now... (silly)

• Forum posts: 1

Jan 22, 2016 10:22:40 PM via Website

AroundMe. No one ever updated it, and there are so many issues. The scrolling can get clunky and even crash the app. To save a contact, you can't hold down on their phone number. Instead you have to go to the favorites menu. It's very counterintuitive.

• Forum posts: 42

Feb 18, 2016 11:53:52 PM via Website

Netvibes, because it simply doesn't work. Such a shame because it is such a great service in Internet, but the app seems to be made to accumulate hate, if you read the comments, because it is just a waste of time, maybe something they uploaded to the store just to say to some investor they have an app...

Dropbox was also a let down but at least you get a bit further before it freezes (maybe it's only my phone that is too underpowered?)