missinhg google store

• Replies:5
Scott Niehorster
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 29, 2014, 2:37:07 PM via Website

hello.
i bought my s3 a couple of years ago when living in china. generally ive been happy with it but am frustrated that i cannot access the google play store. i have tried installing apk files but im told that it is not compatible with my device.
when i try to open it it comes up for a few seconds and then closes with no words or message.
anyone got any ideas?
do i need to get a new operating system installed?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Sep 30, 2014, 4:56:26 AM via Website

Scott Niehorster

hello.
i bought my s3 a couple of years ago when living in china. generally ive been happy with it but am frustrated that i cannot access the google play store. i have tried installing apk files but im told that it is not compatible with my device.
when i try to open it it comes up for a few seconds and then closes with no words or message.
anyone got any ideas?

the phone is from china, It does not comes with play store.
You can install 3rd party apks like appbrain, slideme, 1market to install apps

Ready To Help You.

Scott Niehorster

Sep 30, 2014, 8:49:30 AM via Website

mobile crackers

Scott Niehorster

hello.
anyone got any ideas?

the phone is from china, It does not comes with play store.
You can install 3rd party apks like appbrain, slideme, 1market to install apps

thanks for the advice. i have done this but keep getting told apps need google play services after ive downloaded them. and i knew some people who bought similar phones with it installwd. anyway. is there a way to get these apps to work? is it possible to get a new set up installed. its out of warranty now anyway.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Sep 30, 2014, 10:50:31 AM via Website

To install google play services you need to be rooted as they need to be installed to the root directory. Loie has posted a guide to unrooting the SIII here, once you've done that follow these instructions from XDA (it's a generic guide).

— modified on Sep 30, 2014, 10:52:08 AM

Sinkster

Russell Durose
  • Forum posts: 29

Sep 30, 2014, 6:27:47 PM via App

Rooted yes. then try to install a S3 custom ROM. That way you can install Google apps which include all Google services.

Scott Niehorster

Sep 30, 2014, 11:33:39 PM via Website

Right. Rooting it is. Thanks all.