How to promote app in Google Play Store?

• Replies:10
Zoe Young
  • Forum posts: 26

Jul 15, 2016, 9:58:11 AM via Website

Knowing how to promote app in Google Play is more and more important for developers who are aiming at the Android market and managing to develop an Android app. However, it’s not easy to run an app successfully. Not only for the design and code, but the marketing job, it’s not easy neither. Therefore, in this article, we listed some useful guides on how to promote app in Google Play.

1 Preparation for promoting app in Google Play

Test your app

Test your app on varied Android phones to make sure it is suitable for any kind of screen size and the resolution. Besides, test it with different Android OS versions, especially with the lower versions. Ensure your app is compatible with a variety of OSes.

Creating a landing page

When potential users see your app or the advertisements of it, they need to a page where they can know details about your app. Therefore, before promoting your app, you need to create a landing page for it. Creating a landing page is also one of the things developers need to do before launching an app. You can also put a video or text description for your app to make your target users know your app well. This could invert them to your real users.

Upload it on Google Play Store

Survey shows that 80% users like to download Android apps on Google Play Store, so if you want to get more users for your app then don’t hesitate to upload it on Google Play Store.

2 Promote app in Google Play

If an app has top ranking, high rating, positive reviews, and millions of downloads, millions of users, it is a successful app. Also, it is well promoted. If you want to promote app in Google Play successfully and get all the labels for your app, you need to do ASO work.

ASO is the abbreviation of “App Store Optimization”, it’s the process to optimize apps to rank higher in the app store’ search results. The higher the app ranks in the app stores’ search results, the more visibility for app potential users. Also, the more traffic to your app will be led.

damponting44

Johnny123
  • Forum posts: 59

Jul 18, 2016, 3:41:08 PM via Website

Thanks for sharing this great information:)

damponting44

Zoe Young

Jul 20, 2016, 5:46:19 AM via Website

@Johnny123
Thanks for your reply. I just want to share my experience with publishers who need to promote app in Store. I have worked as app marketing manager about 3 years, also our team helps hundreds of apps rank higher, get higher ratings and positive reviews. We will guide real users to install the app via keyword search or download link to rank app top in App Store search results.

I have also post many blogs on my sites about App Store Optimization tips, if you want to get more tips, check my blog:
www dot asotop1 dot com/blog/

damponting44

prekyap
  • Forum posts: 32

Jul 20, 2016, 1:02:28 PM via Website

Good information but i want to know more information about promoting apps in playstore

damponting44

Zoe Young

Jul 22, 2016, 11:59:49 AM via Website

@prekyap

Promote app in Google Play

If an app has top ranking, high rating, positive reviews, and millions of downloads, millions of users, it is a successful app. Also, it is well promoted. If you want to promote app in Google Play successfully and get all the labels for your app, you need to do ASO work.

ASO is the abbreviation of “App Store Optimization”, it’s the process to optimize apps to rank higher in the app store’ search results. The higher the app ranks in the app stores’ search results, the more visibility for app potential users. Also, the more traffic to your app will be led.

How to do the ASO?

Design a beautiful Icon

A beautiful icon will leave deep impression to the people who see it, which is also useful for attracting people to download and try your app. Besides the icon, comfortable app screenshots and awesome app video also has a very important effect on the app ranking in the app store.

Create a quality title

According to the Google Play Store data, it shows that the title contains keywords can improve 10.3% ranking in the app store, so be sure to put the main keywords in the title.

Get high ratings

Only 15% users would like to download those apps with 2 ratings, and 50% users would like to download those 3 rating apps. However, 94% users would like to download those 4-5 rating apps. In order to increase your app download rate, you need to take the following measures.

Guide those users who have downloaded your app and uses well to rate your app.

Take seriously of those ratings below 3 stars. If it’s a malicious attack from competitors or other people please report it to Google Support.

Use the professional ASO service of ASO companies such as ASOtop1. They can provide more professional service for you and help your app ranking rank top in a pretty short time.

Gather good reviews

70% users will see at least one app review, 75% users will take the app reviews as one of the most important reference factors to judge the app, but only 42% users will use their own judgment on the quality of the app.

Good reviews is also very important factor in app promoting, users will leave good reviews for your app for its good functions or beautiful interface, so make sure design and code your app as well as you can. If you tried everything that you could but still cannot get enough good reviews then you also ask paid-review company help you, just like BestReviewApp, it will help you access a lot of users and leave a good review for you.

Conclusion

It’s not easy to develop and design an Android app, so you need to pay more attention to app promotion to ensure your app will get success. After knowing how to promote app in Google Play, hope you can promote your app well and earn more from it.

— modified on Jul 22, 2016, 12:00:20 PM

damponting44Bob

Agustin Tamagno
  • Forum posts: 24

Aug 9, 2016, 1:06:57 PM via Website

Just published my fist app and looking for every way to promote it. This is useful info, thanks.

damponting44

damponting44
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 6, 2016, 2:11:13 PM via Website

Advance application in Google Play

In the event that an application has top positioning, high appraising, positive surveys, and a large number of downloads, a huge number of clients, it is an effective application. Additionally, it is very much advanced. In the event that you need to advance application in Google Play effectively and get every one of the names for your application, you have to do ASO work.

ASO is the shortened form of "Application Store Optimization", it's the procedure to upgrade applications to rank higher in the application store' list items. The higher the application positions in the application stores' list items, the more perceivability for application potential clients. Additionally, the more movement to your application will be driven.

How to do the ASO?

Plan a lovely Icon

A delightful symbol will leave profound impression to the general population who see it, which is additionally helpful for drawing in individuals to download and attempt your application. Other than the symbol, agreeable application screenshots and great application video likewise has a critical impact on the application positioning in the application store.

Make a quality title

As indicated by the Google Play Store information, it demonstrates that the title contains watchwords can enhance 10.3% positioning in the application store, so make certain to put the fundamental catchphrases in the title.

Coral,Feng
  • Forum posts: 11

Dec 14, 2016, 7:53:10 AM via Website

From my point of view, two ways that help you a lot to promote your app in a short time and effectively.

One is social media . For it has a huge number of users and the mass media can spread at very high speed. However, it has a lethal weakness, if people are not interested in your app, they will pass it.

Buy app reviews is another approach. This approach has more advantages than social media for it can save a lot of time. promoting app is a difficult task, you need spend lots of time and money on it. By buying reviews, you don’t worry about to seek numerous users.What’s more, it can save your money. For both ways also need you cost money no matter advertisement or buy reviews.

However, buy reviews can bring you a timely and effective result.Therefore,I recommend sincerely a website for you: ReviewApp4U.

eSparkBiz
  • Forum posts: 107

Jun 3, 2019, 9:05:19 AM via Website

I have my app finally built with eye-catching design, enthralling app icon, and attractive features. I have tested it on every device available and witnessed its seamless work.

The idea of my app on the genre that I chose is out of the box and innovative. It will have less competition in the market due to the novice idea it is based on. But I am shocked to see; my app isn’t getting any downloads.

I researched a lot and I found some hacks to promote the app in the Google Play store.

Here are some hacks:

• Use Social Media
  • App Marketing
  • Your App Should be Named And Described
  • Use Attractive App Icon

kollerethan
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 15, 2019, 12:08:47 PM via Website

Preparation for promoting the app on Google Play

Test your app.
Creating a landing page.
Upload it on Google Play Store.
Promote app on Google Play.

martin smith
  • Forum posts: 277

Jul 31, 2019, 11:10:55 AM via Website

It's a very clear explanation... Promote your app through advertising, get good reviews, and responsive design... etc.