Samsung Galaxy S6 — OK Google spoken answers not working on Verizon Galaxy S6

• Replies:1
Michael Bridgers
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 22, 2016, 11:39:42 PM via Website

In the past week or so, the Google app is no longer speaking the answers on my Galaxy S6 (Verizon). I've looked at every possible setting. Even took it to the Verizon store and they couldn't figure it out. So they sent me another one overnight. You probably guessed it, that one doesn't speak answers either! This is driving me crazy. Any suggestions what might be causing "OK Google" to not speak the answers? It shows me the answers just nothing being spoken.
It's not the volume controls, or the "speech output" setting, or about 2 or 3 dozen other things that I've fiddled with to no avail. I'm out of ideas.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Michael Bridgers
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 23, 2016, 3:15:48 AM via Website

The problem is a Google software bug. Found on a google forum that pausing the Web & Apps Activity control (under Google-->Personal Info & Privacy-->Activity Controls). Pausing fixed the problem with Google Now not speaking responses to questions. Unfortunately, leaving the Web & Apps Activity control paused isn't a solution for me. Hopefully Google will fix an obvious problem with their software..