App (ASO) optimization

• Replies:1
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 22, 2017 7:44:11 AM via Website

So i just published my first game on the google play store, its a simple brain teaser and reflex tester called "Raining Colors". I made a good description for the game imo and still i cant really find my app while searching. If i search the term "Raining Colors" i am in the top 100(there is only one app with the same name). But when i search the term "rainingcolors" i am the first one that appears from 4 candidates. Any tips on how to improve my ranking on the play store?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 20

Apr 25, 2017 4:38:02 AM via Website

Hello, guys!
I have searched your app in Google play and found that your app have high quality but the ranking is not high enough. In terms of this situation, you can try to do ASO (app store optimization) services.

What is ASO?
ASO is the abbreviation of app store optimization, which is a process of optimizing your app to make it more visible and discoverable in app stores so that users are more likely to choose it from millions of other apps.

why is the ASO important?
Just like the SEO is important for websites, the ASO is essential for app stores. In fact, searching in app stores is the main traffic sources of app, 73% app installs is through searching app in app stores. With the other channels of installing app become increasingly weak, app store optimization plays an important part.

The goal of ASO:
The result of ASO is that your app will be found easily by your customers who have interests in your app, and they will provide you assurance that they will no longer need to install other apps. Following 5 factors are the details of the goal of ASO:

• find the targeted users
  • improve the value of your app
  • increase the coverage rate of app keywords
  • increase the search ranking of app keywords
  • boost app ranking and get more installs

the ways of ASO:
(1) icon and title: you must design an appealing and attractive icon and title of your app, and you can add the keywords to title, which can improve the search ranking of your keywords and make your app looks more professional.

(2) description: the description mainly introduces your app, including the function, the goal and the websites, etc. You can also add the keywords in your description.

(3) screenshots: a good app must have the high quality screenshots, which asks you to create appealing and compelling screenshots. Also, you can add some screenshots of reviews and contest about your app, which shows the real information and experience from the users of your app.

(5) ratings and reviews: 4/5 stars ratings and positive reviews are the important references to users. To increase the installs of your app, you can incentivize users to leave feedback. Of course, if you have enough budget, you can buy app reviews from a reliable paid-review company to get a higher rank in google play.

(6) keywords research:keywords serve as the decisive part of app store optimization. With the limit of characters, finding the appropriate keywords of your app is very important. In this part, you can analyze the keywords of your competitors, creating the relevant, competitive and localized keywords to improve the search ranking of keywords. Indeed, buying keywords search installs is also a good way to help you optimize your keywords if you have enough budget.

(7) get your app featured in appropriate sections in the app stores
It is important to get your app feature in appropriate categories as that will help store filters to present your app to audience who actually want it. Posting an app in an irrelevant category just loses audience.

Hope these methods can help you a lot and good luck!

— modified on Apr 25, 2017 4:39:32 AM