How to Retrieve Lost Data from Google Nexus

• Replies:5
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 5

Jul 5, 2017 10:58:46 AM via Website

I just went to sleep last night and when I woke up this morning, my Nexus 5 phone factory reset itself! How is this possible? How can I recover lost data from my phone? I am my phone for over a year now and using Android Lollipop 5.0.1 software version

• Forum posts: 46

Jul 5, 2017 11:11:41 AM via Website

I don't know wether it works or not, first stop using your Google Nexus 5 phone. Then connect it to computer via usb cable, open a phone data recovery tool. See if it can scan out data on your phone. If yes, you can recover them.

— modified on Jul 6, 2017 4:58:27 AM

• Forum posts: 24

Jul 5, 2017 5:40:38 PM via Website

Did you solve the problem? Do you have backup of your Google Nexus? If you don't have backup, the only solution for you should be the third-party data recovery app. But these apps usually cost you a small amount, varying from 10 to 100 US dollars. So if the data is not really very important, you should think it twice before you choose one.

• Forum posts: 12

Jul 19, 2017 5:03:07 PM via Website

I use the app DiskDigger to recover files. It scans whole device- including the SD card for deleted files.

Install the app and then follow-
1. Open the DiskDigger app and tap "Refresh List" to populate the screen. Once the screen is populated select the "System" folder.
2. After you have selected the folder tap "Scan Device" and you will see a list of most recent deleted files. Look for the files you want to recover simply select it and hit save.