Full screen ads - Android Shell app, other apps linked to ad networks

• Replies:30
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 29, 2017, 9:55:04 PM via Website

Hi Louw,
I managed to find out what caused the apps to install on my Doogee T5. It is the app called Xender, which I actually disabled when I got my phone, but used it a couple of weeks ago and took a while for me to figure this out.
So remove all permissions and disable this app, or if you have rooted phone like me use ES File Explorer to remove the Xender System App.
Hope you come right.

Feb 4, 2018, 2:11:00 PM via Website

Hi
you can the App which generate the full screen ads the block or unstill it. Here is the way;

press the left button which makes multi-windows App to close them, as the Apps at this shape, look for the Ads window and from the left-up corner, press long, it will show you exactly the real app behind the ads

Ed StellingMai Hanafi

Feb 13, 2018, 9:57:04 PM via Website

This is the only thing that is new to me and the only thing that actually worked.. so far .. i followed ur steps and it showed me an app that i was not suspecting.. i forced it to stop for now and will consider deleting it ... if the ads stopped popping for good.. god.. i will owe you my life .... shokraaaaaannnnn

— modified on Feb 13, 2018, 9:59:09 PM

• Forum posts: 396

Apr 1, 2018, 2:57:20 PM via Website

To; Louw van wyk
I have something for you to try.
First, google uses everything you do with your device to target you for ads.
1. Go to google settings, clear and pause your web activity. (This is a history of everything you do on line)
2.go to your internet settings, find your web site data, and delete it. (Do this on a regular basis).
3. Everytime you are done using the internet, delete your browser history.
(These steps may not stop all thoes page covering ads, but they will at least decrease the number of them.)
4. I have a Galaxy s 5, and when i go on the Internet i can switch to Secret Mode.
This blocks your device I D. That stops advertisers from targeting you!
And a good Heads Up.
If you switch off your ads in settings, or turn off your cookies! Well there are a lot of websites that will deny you access if you do that!
I hope i was able to help.
I hate ads also!
Lindsay

Sorin

Jul 9, 2018, 12:59:19 AM via Website

I also have been plagued by this problem for the last month or two. Louw mentioned airpush.com. On their web site, they indicated that I could opt out of all of the ads which they provide by using the addchoice app. Addchoice provides separate apps for android and iphones which enable you to opt out of many companies which send apps to phones for advertisers. In addchoice, I was able to opt out all airpush clients by one stroke (actually, you can opt out of all of app providers by choosing "opt out of all" in addchoice). I opted out of all such providers and my phone has been free of annoying random full pages ads for the last 8 hours (far longer than before). Hopefully, this will continue to work for me and work for you.

Joe

Sep 9, 2018, 2:48:56 AM via Website

Just to confirm the same problem here full screen adds at complete Random, I can be sending a message on Messenger or checking an email or surfing chrome. And a random full screen ad pops up some video some images.

• Forum posts: 396

Sep 9, 2018, 11:53:08 AM via Website

Louw
Third party apps can't be the problem.
I own a unlocked galaxy s7! It came with a minimum of what I call unnecessary apps. And then I disabled those! Have not installed any new apps. But I still receive a lot of ads that cover the screen.
But here's a thought ..., every time you x out that ad to get rid of it, Google gets paid something like 7 to 10 cents by the advertisers!
I think the best solution is do all your web searches in private mode.
That way Google can't read your device I D number! And they don't know who to send the ad too!
And remember! Google is monitoring your search history in real time then selling it to advertisers! So turning off your web activity or deleting your history's won't stop the ads either!

In addition: going to Google settings an opting out of all ads is not a good idea because almost all websites will deny you access if they can't display ads to you!

— modified on Sep 9, 2018, 12:13:47 PM

Sorin

Sep 14, 2018, 1:15:56 PM via Website

I'm have the same problem. When an ad pops up, I hit the button that shows all of the running apps and it shows app launcher as the culprit. I tried Nova launch and Evie and still have the same problem. I have has ads come up when I am trying to send mail, texts, etc.

• Forum posts: 9

Oct 11, 2018, 7:33:18 PM via Website

I have one app that throws up full screen ads: gallery from SB Studio. It throws up ads to install Facebook and some google apps, nothing bad. Also, it only has ads when actually using the app. It is such a good replacement for the original gallery (much better) so it is not a big deal, I can put up with the odd ad once in a while.

Oct 21, 2018, 9:18:42 AM via Website

I m also haf the problem with the doogee t5

Recommended articles