Full screen ads - Android Shell app, other apps linked to ad networks

• Replies:24
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 29, 2017 9:55:04 PM via Website

Hi Louw,
I managed to find out what caused the apps to install on my Doogee T5. It is the app called Xender, which I actually disabled when I got my phone, but used it a couple of weeks ago and took a while for me to figure this out.
So remove all permissions and disable this app, or if you have rooted phone like me use ES File Explorer to remove the Xender System App.
Hope you come right.

Feb 4, 2018 2:11:00 PM via Website

Hi
you can the App which generate the full screen ads the block or unstill it. Here is the way;

press the left button which makes multi-windows App to close them, as the Apps at this shape, look for the Ads window and from the left-up corner, press long, it will show you exactly the real app behind the ads

Ed StellingMai Hanafi

Feb 13, 2018 9:57:04 PM via Website

This is the only thing that is new to me and the only thing that actually worked.. so far .. i followed ur steps and it showed me an app that i was not suspecting.. i forced it to stop for now and will consider deleting it ... if the ads stopped popping for good.. god.. i will owe you my life .... shokraaaaaannnnn

— modified on Feb 13, 2018 9:59:09 PM

• Forum posts: 126

Apr 1, 2018 2:57:20 PM via Website

To; Louw van wyk
I have something for you to try.
First, google uses everything you do with your device to target you for ads.
1. Go to google settings, clear and pause your web activity. (This is a history of everything you do on line)
2.go to your internet settings, find your web site data, and delete it. (Do this on a regular basis).
3. Everytime you are done using the internet, delete your browser history.
(These steps may not stop all thoes page covering ads, but they will at least decrease the number of them.)
4. I have a Galaxy s 5, and when i go on the Internet i can switch to Secret Mode.
This blocks your device I D. That stops advertisers from targeting you!
And a good Heads Up.
If you switch off your ads in settings, or turn off your cookies! Well there are a lot of websites that will deny you access if you do that!
I hope i was able to help.
I hate ads also!
Lindsay