Whatsapp problem

• Replies:5
Ray Davies
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 11, 2018, 12:25:57 PM via Website

I recently set up a group with myself and my wife as administrators. I added the other members, but when they post a message, instead of just their name showing their phone number is shown as well in blue. Myself and my wifes only show the name, which is what I want. Any ideas how to get rid of the phone numbers? It works ok, just annoying.

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Jan 11, 2018, 3:01:32 PM via Website

Hi Ray, welcome to AndroidPIT! :)

WhatsApp shows the number of participants that are not saved as a contact on your phone. As soon as you save them as a contact with a name, only that name will show up.

— modified on Jan 11, 2018, 3:01:46 PM

Ray Davies

Jan 11, 2018, 4:01:11 PM via Website

Hi Bastion, thanks for the reply. The contacts are saved with name and phone number. Although it works, it's just this strange thing that where their name is it is preceded by their phone number. Message is posted ok, just looks awful!

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Jan 11, 2018, 5:31:59 PM via Website

Well that's interesting... normally WhatsApp shouldn't show the number anymore in that case. Perhaps WhatsApp is messing up again? There's sadly nothing you can do to influence that :(

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,585

Jan 12, 2018, 2:45:52 AM via Website

Ray Davies

Hi Bastion, thanks for the reply. The contacts are saved with name and phone number. Although it works, it's just this strange thing that where their name is it is preceded by their phone number. Message is posted ok, just looks awful!

If then, try 'WhatsApp - Contacts - Menu button - Refresh'.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Ray Davies

Jan 12, 2018, 8:23:49 AM via Website

Ah well, just have to live with it then! Thanks anyway.