The Galaxy Note 5 probably still has the new phone smell to it, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't already know how to factory reset the Galaxy Note 5 for improved performance. You don't need to do it every week, but whenever your phone feels sluggish, a new Android update is causing problems or you just want to give it a spring clean, a factory reset is the way to go.
Note: A factory reset wipes all data from a device. It keeps the same Android version you last installed, but the phone will otherwise be returned to its factory default state. That means all your accounts, photos, music, files and settings will be removed. You can back up everything on Android and restore that data after a reset, but make sure you make the backup before resetting your phone or all your data will be lost.
Lowest price: Samsung Galaxy Note 5Best price
There are two methods for factory resetting the Galaxy Note 5. One uses the settings menu and the other uses hardware buttons. The settings menu way is perfectly fine, but if your Note 5 won't boot up then you'll have to use the hardware buttons method.
How to factory reset the Galaxy Note 5 (settings menu)
1. Note that you can use both your Samsung account and your Google account as backup options.
2. Go to Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset > Reset device > Delete all.
3. Your Galaxy Note 5 will reboot and restart with factory default settings.
How to factory reset the Galaxy Note 5 (hardware buttons)
1. Turn off your Galaxy Note 5.
2. Press and hold Volume Up, Power and the Home button until you see the Android recovery screen.
3. Use the volume buttons to highlight Wipe data/factory reset and press the Power button to select it.
4. On the next screen, use the volume buttons to highlight Yes – delete all user data and press the Power button to confirm.
5. Your Galaxy Note 5 will factory reset and reboot with factory default settings.
How often do you reset your phone? Why do you usually reset? Share your experiences in the comments.
MOST POPULAR ARTICLE
|1||Samsung Galaxy S8 price, release date, specs and rumors|
|2||WhatsApp beta gets Gboard GIF support|
|3||OnePlus 2 Android update: OxygenOS 3.5.8 rolling out without Nougat|
|4||Android 7.0 Nougat update overview for smartphones and tablets|
|5||Best Android camera phones: which are the top on the market?|