Email App

• Replies:6
traviscannon
  • Forum posts: 8

Jun 2, 2010, 10:16:42 PM via Website

I dont really care for the email client that comes with the phone, I cant move email from one folder to another, its not very creative, really I just dont like it. What I would love to see is an email client that replaces the email on the phone like Handcent SMS has replaced the messenger. Ive searched and cant find anything that looks really legitimate does anybody have any suggestions.

Femi ADEBAYO

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jun 2, 2010, 10:49:02 PM via Website

So you don't like the Gmail app then? I'm about to try K-9 Mail, which is supposed to be pretty good. If you want to try it as well, then let me know how it worked for you. It might be what you are looking for.

Femi ADEBAYO

traviscannon

Jun 2, 2010, 11:04:22 PM via Website

I'll take a look at it. I thought the gmail app on my phone was only for gmail and I dont have gmail. In fact Ive never really looked at it. Does it do more than just gmail? Either way I'll take a look at it and the K-9 mail as well thanks.

Femi ADEBAYO

traviscannon

Jun 3, 2010, 4:47:12 PM via Website

Yeah, I tried K-9 last night it seems alright. Its got a little bit of adjustment in it and it seems alright. I still havent figured out how to get it to check email only once or twice a day but thats alright too I guess. I just want it to check my email once or twice a day. Im not one of those business people that needs it checked constantly but I forget to check it everyday if I dont get really bored at work. You see...

Femi ADEBAYO

Femi ADEBAYO
  • Forum posts: 6

Jul 17, 2010, 5:13:40 PM via Website

I too am completely dissatisfied with the email app that came with my phone. It force closes often, downloading of emails takes forever etc etc. I have today downloaded K-9 Mail. I will see how this fares. Many thanks for your inputs

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Jul 17, 2010, 5:33:31 PM via App

Another idea is to see if your email client has a mobile version; I use hotmail for example.. and it has a pretty good mobile version with many extras (you can move from folder to folder etc). If it does; Bookmark it (of course) and then just put a shortcut on your home screen.

— modified on Jul 17, 2010, 9:15:55 PM