Droid x upgrade?

• Replies:2
Ryan Erickson
  • Forum posts: 93

Jun 28, 2010, 4:17:57 AM via Website

Out of curiosity what do you guys think of the droid x? I believe I will be purchasing one on the 17th on it's release but I would like some input as to what you guys think. I am currently without a smart phone I Am using an acient nokia flip phone until I make my descision : ( . I miss my droid......anyways I would love to hear what you guys think and if you believe I should get the x tell me why and if not also tell me why thanks guys.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jun 28, 2010, 3:45:15 PM via Website

I would really suggest waiting a week or two after release if you want to make sure you will be making a good decision. In my opinion, after seeing the iPhone 4 and HTC EVO 4G build quality issues, giving it some time to get into the hands of a lot of people will expose any flaws in the product. Buying it on release day may mean that you find out about those issues first hand.

As for myself, I think it looks like a nice phone. Engadget did a "hands-on" not so long ago that was very informative. Currently, I am torn between getting a phone with a keyboard, or going without. I know for sure I want some sort of trackball/trackpad/something that works outside of the touchscreen as a secondary control.

If you do end up buying it though, myself and other members would likely be very grateful for a hands-on video or for you to submit blog post about it when you have some time with the device.

— modified on Jun 28, 2010, 3:45:57 PM

Ryan Erickson
  • Forum posts: 93

Jun 28, 2010, 5:30:48 PM via Website

i am not a very patient person hah so i will most likely end up with it on the 15th i will be out of town howerever until the 17th so im going to have to find a verizon where im going but when i get back i will do a full review on the phone and post it! lets hope it has no issues i know in one video i was watching the man reviewing it said it ran hot....this could be an issue we will see. however i went to verizon yesterday and for about an hour and a half i talked to an employee there and he believes the x will be amazing he claims the battery life is on par with the original droid so that means we will at least get a full day( this can not be said for the incredibles battery). I trust mototrola because when the droid was first released there were no major issues lets hope history repeats itself.