- Forum posts: 757
Jul 9, 2010, 6:32:03 AM via App
Jul 9, 2010 6:32:03 AM via App
Here's some good information to know to help you get started with Google Calendar Sync.
To set up Google Calendar Sync:
1. Make sure you're using a supported operating system and Outlook version.
Currently, Google Calendar Sync is only compatible with Microsoft Outlook versions 2003 and 2007, and operating systems Windows XP and Windows Vista.
Windows XP 64-bit Edition is not compatible with Google Calendar Sync at this time.
2. Download Google Calendar Sync (version 0.9.3.5) at http://dl.google.com/googlecalendarsync/GoogleCalendarSync_Installer.exe
3. Once a dialog box appears, click Save File. The downloaded file should open automatically. If it doesn't, manually open it from your browser's download window.
4. Click OK to confirm that you're aware this is an executable file.
5. Read through the Google Calendar Sync Terms of Service, and click I Agree.
6. Follow through the Installation Options and click Install to finish the set-up process.
Once Google Calendar Sync is installed on your computer, the Google Calendar Sync Settings window will appear.
In the Settings window, enter your email address and password and select the Sync Option you prefer. Read about each Sync Option.
You'll also be able to set the time interval for syncing to occur. Please keep in mind that 10 minutes is the minimum time interval allowed.
After the initial set-up, you can access the Google Calendar Sync Settings window again by double-clicking the calendar icon in your Windows System Tray.
To access the Google Calendar Sync Settings window, just right-click the calendar icon in your Windows System Tray and select Options.
When your events are actively syncing between Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook Calendar, you'll see arrows in the Google Calendar Sync icon.
When events aren't actively syncing, your calendar icon will look like Google Calendar Sync calendar icon.
Note: Above Copied from Google Calendars Website
— modified on Jul 9, 2010, 6:55:39 AM
- Forum posts: 757
Jul 9, 2010, 7:41:13 AM via App
Jul 9, 2010 7:41:13 AM via App
- Forum posts: 1
May 10, 2011, 9:55:20 PM via Website
May 10, 2011 9:55:20 PM via Website
I am not sure about the emails but wanted to share with you that there is an app available in Android Market now named "Blue SyncRoid". I have tried it and works perfect. It syncs contacts and calendars between the android phone and MS Outlook via BLUETOOTH. Made my life easier. Have a look: http://www.bluesyncroid.com
Just follow the website and simple step by step info on their website. Simple, easy and secure. No need to go to the cloud just to sync your phone contacts and calendars with Outlook ... Blue SyncRoid rocks !