Download Safe Driver Enforcer it a must have.

• Replies:8
Rob Mitovski
  • Forum posts: 5

Aug 15, 2010, 4:47:43 AM via Website

Safe Drive Enforcer is a must have app which allows parental/spousal control of texting and driving. It prevents driver from using any form of text while driving.

It also allows sms of whats going on with the app status as well as any significant driving occurrences such as speeding.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Aug 15, 2010, 6:37:54 AM via Website

Did you make this app? How does it know if your speeding, can it lookup what the posted speed limit is on your route? Sounds pretty cool!

Rob Mitovski

Aug 16, 2010, 5:27:36 AM via Website

No I didn't developed the app. I helped in the development process with a good friend of mine.
To answer your question though. Android allows you to use gps data to determine distance. Using this and the
Rate and time. You have the speed.

I hope this app succeeds in what it was intended to do. That is save lives by discouraging people not to
text and drive. This app doesn't impede use of the phone it only discourages it while you are driving.

Later,

Rob

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 16, 2010, 12:58:01 PM via Website

what happens if I disable my GPS connection? Does the app prevent GPS from being disabled? The "Let me show you my app" page is to show off free apps. Consider that when posting up app reviews. Telling the developer would be a good idea as well.

Rob Mitovski

Aug 16, 2010, 1:43:59 PM via Website

I'm sorry about putting a paid App on the forum. I only read that after the fact. Just excited to let your community know. I have been on AndroidPIT for a couple of months and love the site as well as your App.

The developer knows of my efforts to spread the word of his App. He's taking a breather before he registers himself on to the AndroidPIT. He's kind of fried right now considering this is his first Android effort. As a matter of fact his first time into programming in general.

As far as shutting off the GPS. Yes this disables the App, but in the same instance sends an SMS to the individual who set the App up. This lets them know the GPS and App have been disabled. It also takes into account that the App was destroyed or shut down by an App killer.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob Mitovski

Aug 16, 2010, 3:04:27 PM via Website

Not necessarily for children. Although that was the initial development idea. It also works well on self policing yourself and spouses. I use it myself and works very effectively.:)

Raven Dawson
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 15, 2010, 7:01:38 AM via Website

I hope you elaborated more the reasons why you think we need to download drivers safe enforcer...Just a recommendation. :D

Rob Mitovski

Dec 15, 2010, 2:54:18 PM via Website

The app is designed to prevent distracted driving. It diables the ability for you to text while driving. It also can be used to monitor speed of the vehicle.

I hope I have answered any questions you may have. Should you have any further questions you can contact the DEV at www.computerassistantsinc.com

Have a great day,

Rob