Scavenger Hunt in Augmented Reality

• Replies:3
Sophie L.
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 23, 2010, 10:53:34 PM via Website

Hello girls and boys,

I would like to present you our new App "Augmented Scavenger Hunt", also to be found under the same name on the android-market or Augmented Scavenger Hunt

Download App: Market link

Augmented Scavenger Hunt is a beta-version of a new augmented reality outdoor game with GoogleMaps support and over 1500 downloads already. You can play the commonly known game “Scavenger Hunt” in Augmented Reality (AR) and experience what AR actually is.

Using GPS and compass to compute your location and direction you can play either as Fugitive or as Chaser. As Fugitive, you can create a new track and place hints at any location you want to. As Chaser you try to reach and find all hints of a track within the given time-limit.

This first version enables you to test the engine and create/play games on your local device. The improved full version, with various new features, will be coming soon. We hope you like our idea and enjoy the app ;)

— modified on Sep 25, 2010, 12:09:44 AM

Sophie L.
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 25, 2010, 12:05:57 AM via Website

Yeah, thank you. The point at the end of the sentence was understood as part of the link :smug:

— modified on Sep 25, 2010, 12:06:19 AM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 27, 2010, 1:18:30 PM via Website

I downloaded the app and installed it. I started my own hunt, with me as the fugitive, but I have only put up one point so far, and it is soo hard, that I think almost no-one could figure it out. Anyways, the app is interesting, but is a very niche app. It could use a better explanation in terms of the way the game is meant to be played.