task killer.

• Replies:3
Angela Cox
  • Forum posts: 32

Nov 14, 2010, 1:22:40 AM via App

Do I really need a task killer.? I have just read that's its not actually necessary.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Nov 14, 2010, 5:35:52 AM via Website

Depends alot on your phone. On old phones like my htc hero, it helps alot. With the newer phones it's not needed as much, because they have more memory and better processors; they can run multiple apps in the background and still be pretty responsive.

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Nov 14, 2010, 9:03:56 AM via App

I like using a task killer to close a task completely.. I don't like it when an app starts up where I left off when I closed it... Especially the web browser and maps. I have many apps ignored like email and messaging.. then the rest auto-kill when the screen turns off. Plus like Jeremiah stated.. it helps a bit with memory management.

— modified on Nov 14, 2010, 9:04:47 AM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Nov 15, 2010, 3:41:08 PM via Website

Angela, please try sometime to include your phone information in your AndroidPIT user information/account. It'd make things a lot easier :)

If your Desire has Android 2.2, I would say that a task killer is unnecessary. Some well-informed individuals have expressed their opinion that task killers on Android are unnecessary, and even inadvisable. However, I believe that statement to ONLY be true with the latest versions of Android: Android 2.2, maybe Android 2.1. I can tell you that if I didn't use a task killer on my G1, I wouldn't get even 1/2 of the battery life I currently get.

— modified on Nov 15, 2010, 3:41:26 PM