Business MUST-HAVE APP: Smart Diagram

• Replies:7
cubewalker
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 15, 2010, 7:44:50 AM via Website

Smart Diagram brings easy diagram making to Android
Organize ideas and thoughts with clear diagrams. Simple & Easy, No painful learning!:grin:
Usage: Flow Chart, Mind Map, Tree Diagram, etc

Features
- Create Shape with Gesture
- Drag & Drop Delete
- Manually Shape Movement
- MultiTouch Zooming
- Easy Sharing

Package: com.sillycube.android.DiagramMaker.core

Viedo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCbqJuzqSMo

Source:
http://blog.howdycard.com/?p=144

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Dec 15, 2010, 3:48:40 PM via Website

I'm sure it has it's uses for people in the business world that give presentations often. I would think it would work best on devices that have a video out ability, so that the display can be pushed onto a television or projector. It's a shame the app is only for Android 2.1 and up, but that seems to be the way apps are being developed these days.

Markus Gu
  • Forum posts: 2,644

Dec 15, 2010, 3:52:01 PM via Website

Douglas Carter
I'm sure it has it's uses for people in the business world that give presentations often. I would think it would work best on devices that have a video out ability, so that the display can be pushed onto a television or projector. It's a shame the app is only for Android 2.1 and up, but that seems to be the way apps are being developed these days.

84 % of all android devices running 2.1 or higher - why should developer do a lot of more work for only 15 %?

swordiApps Blog - Website

Douglas Carter

Dec 15, 2010, 4:22:01 PM via Website

It is up to the developer to decide which OS versions to develop for. I will tell you that I still have a T-Mobile G1 running Android 1.6. I'm trying to get Android 2.2 running on it at present, but haven't gotten there yet. There are still a fair amount of users running Android 1.5 and 1.6 software.

The question the developer has to ask themselves is whether they want to do the extra work to be able to tap into that audience. In your case it appears the answer is no. Therefore, it is unfortunate for people who still have Android 1.5 or 1.6, because they won't be able to enjoy an app that they can't run.

— modified on Dec 15, 2010, 4:22:56 PM

Markus Gu
  • Forum posts: 2,644

Dec 15, 2010, 4:23:42 PM via Website

Douglas Carter
It is up to the developer to decide which OS versions to develop for. I will tell you that I still have a T-Mobile G1 running Android 1.6. I'm trying to get Android 2.2 running on it at present, but haven't gotten there yet. There are still a fair amount of users running Android 1.5 and 1.6 software. The question the developer has to ask themselves is whether they want to be able to tap into that audience.

yes - you say it - but the numbers are showing us - only 15 % are running < 2.1. and in a few weeks i thinks it will be even lower

swordiApps Blog - Website

cubewalker
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 16, 2010, 4:29:03 AM via Website

if possible we want to develop it on 1.5+ but there're much problem during the development process.... like gesture support, multi touch screen....

after checking the market share then we decide change to 2.1.

you know....It's just a problem of cost>"<

Douglas Carter

Dec 16, 2010, 2:11:31 PM via Website

I understand your guys' stance. It is good it include multitouch screen abilities, gestures, and whatnot, as it makes the app better. My letdown isn't really with the developers, but rather with the carriers and companies that don't push out the latest updates so that we can all use the latest features.

Zafran
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 24, 2011, 2:10:24 PM via Website

http://www.plasticcardmonster.com
Business cards are so important when it comes to promote yourself on other people.