meet droplat

• Replies:1
droplat
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 5, 2011, 6:51:22 AM via Website

Hi everyone!

I'm writing to introduce "droplat," a new app available in the Android Market and V CAST App Store.

droplat is a location-based file sharing service that enables people to share files with others nearby. Users "check in" at a location to see the files that people are sharing. You can also leave files at a physical location for up to 2 weeks in a "Fog" that's visible to anyone that checks into the area. It provides a great way to transform real-life experiences, like concerts, sporting events, and so much more.

Check out this quick intro video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQNRAO2_2lE

droplat is currently a finalist in Verizon's "V CAST Apps: Power Your Apps Contest," where we are going head-to-head with 4 other apps for the grand prize. If you have access to the V CAST App Store, please consider voting for droplat in this contest!

If you're the early-adopter type, and can stomach a few bugs, we'd love to have you as part of the founding members. :)

Android Market link

V CAST Contest link

All feedback welcome! Thanks for your time,

droplat team

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Feb 7, 2011, 12:58:19 PM via Website

The idea is good, the only problem for current users is the currently small userbase, coupled with the small userbase of Android smartphones. I'd really like to see this app take off, as the idea is solid. I've downloaded it to do my part, but there is a problem with registering my user name. I tried 3 different usernames which I HIGHLY doubt were taken, but they were all shown as not available.

Also, coming up with some other ideas for good examples on where to use the app would be nice.

— modified on Feb 7, 2011, 1:04:28 PM