podcasts

• Replies:3
Biker Rich
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 25, 2011, 4:28:59 PM via Website

having come over from symbian (which I still use) I am loving the android apps which far exceed anything symbian has to offer. BUT, here's an area where nokia seems far ahead of android -- podcasts. The symbian podcast app is awesome, easy to use and lots of directories for finding podcasts of interest. Can someone point me in the direction of a similar android app. I can't find the podcasts I usually listen to with the "listen" app. Between Google "Listen" "Greader" and "GoodNews", I'm more confused than ever, and ain't got one podcast that I'd like to hear. Help please.

Biker Rich
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 28, 2011, 4:47:46 PM via Website

hey, thanks for the comeback. I think I'm figuring this out. Am I correct in thinking that everything works through my google account? I set up reader on my pc in my google account, and I was able to get to my usual podcasts which now appear both in Greader and Listen on the phone. Removing one from Greader, also makes it unavailable in Listen. The more I get into this android system, the more I'm liking it over symbian. Although the "ecosystem" of my VM cheeeeep LG phone doesn't come close to Ovi, but if I decide to make the move, I'll get a better phone and plan.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Mar 1, 2011, 12:44:18 PM via Website

I don't listen to podcasts very often myself, but based on what you are saying, yes, it seems like the apps are both connected to your Google account. Glad to hear you are starting to like your new phone.