Looking for feedback: New Market Search App (Free)

• Replies:5
Shale
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 11, 2011, 10:36:55 PM via Website

i hope posting on androidPit is ok as i wrote a search app for the market as well

the app is called:

gMarket - App Market

my question is, is the app good? Is it missing any critical feature? I think i am giving more ways to slice and dice results then any other app on the market

i would love to get some feedback

any / all feedback would be deeply appreciated

Shalz

my app:

a couple of screen shots...

— modified on Apr 12, 2011, 7:44:41 AM

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Apr 13, 2011, 5:28:03 AM via Website

Asking for feedback on your free apps in this section of the forums is welcomed. I'm downloading it now, will let you know what I think of it.

Shale

Apr 13, 2011, 7:50:19 AM via Website

much appreciated!
if there are problems - please feel free - i really would love an honest opinion

S

Jeremiah

Apr 14, 2011, 3:38:08 AM via Website

Was able to use the app with no problems. I liked being able to sort by number of downloads or ranking. It has lots more search options than the stock google market. It's a good app but it seems it still needs something more than just a better way to search the google market. If thats all you intended it to do, it does a great job. Since you have a database of the android market, maybe you could have a statistics section or something, like percentage of paid apps that have over 1000 downloads and such?

Shale

Apr 14, 2011, 10:32:04 AM via Website

First off, thanks a lot!

i can easily add a stats section (and even make it selectable so that it invokes a search to retrieve, for example: paid apps with over 1000 downloads)
did you find the spam filter / clustering helpful? from the logs on the server it seems that not a lot of people are using this feature (i thought it would make a bigger impact then it actually has)

Jeremiah

Apr 19, 2011, 9:32:03 AM via Website

I hadn't noticed the filtering before, but now that I know about it I find it very useful.