Facebook Apps no longer available

• Replies:1
Tess M. Manicki
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 15, 2011, 11:48:31 PM via Website

Hi all,

Perhaps this is something that all of you enthusiasts know, but take pity on me. Is there a reason why all of the skin apps for Facebook are constantly being removed off of the Android Market?

I had the most FANTASTIC app. It was the transparent black Facebook by Fernando Sor. I adored this app, and I used it all the time. Unfortunately I had to perform a hard reset on my Samsung (stupid Google sync BS totally f***ed me). Anyways, I had to reset and now I am having a hell of a time trying to find a way to contact this developer to see if there is any way that I can get my hands on his app again.

I've noticed this with a bunch of the FB stuff, they put disclaimers up that they are not affiliated, so why do they keep getting kicked off of the Market?

P.S. - If anyone knows how to contact Fernando Sor (or if you're reading this right now) I would really appreciate any help.

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Apr 18, 2011, 11:06:58 AM via Website

Hey there,

Yeah, it could be that either Facebook is demanding that Google delete these or Google is deleting them voluntarily to avoid getting into hot water with Mark Zuckerberg.

In any case, after some snooping around, I found an app that might work as well:

https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.jmt.application.facebookthemes.activity/Facebook-Themes-Touch-Colors

This is really not something I know so much about, though, so hopefully someone else will comment and help you out!

-s