Any one familiar with the viewsonic viewpad 10?

• Replies:6
taghreed mahmoud
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 8, 2011, 6:43:57 AM via Website

Hi guys,

I have just bought a viewsonic viewpad 10 and have million questions. Any one familiar with it to help me please?

Ursula Vasey
  • Forum posts: 5

Jul 10, 2011, 11:31:24 PM via Website

I haven't got that exact tablet, but I have the Advent Vega, which is essentially the same tablet, but on wi-fi only. Other than yours having 3g and mine not having 3g, they are essentially the same tablet with the same architecture. I will help you answer any questions, if I can.

Peter Mason

Aug 20, 2011, 7:54:50 PM via Website

I had a view pad 10s and never found a way to connect to Google android market so I sent it back. If you ever find a way to get into the apps market let me know and I will buy a 10s again it was very good. I used to get a " no phone associated with this device" error. It may be possible to download the .apk to a phone that Google does recognise and upload from there, if this is OK let me know please.

Ursula Vasey

Aug 20, 2011, 8:27:35 PM via Website

http://www.filedropper.com/marketupdate0_1

1. Download the file to your computer from the link above. Leave it as a zipped file and copy it to the memory card in the tablet (if you decide to buy one).
2. Save the file to MicroSD on your PC
3. Insert the Micro SD (Make sure it is of reasonable size) and go through settings to software update, and then browse to the zip file
4. Select the file and it will restart the device and you will have market installed.

If this doesn't work, you could try a Google search for Gapps, which is Google Apps. This would give you all things Google, such as Google Market, Gmail, etc, and your telephony apps too.

If you get stuck with this, or you need more help, please feel free to ask and I will try to help you. I don't know everything, but I will try to find things out for you.

Donald Foster
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 7, 2012, 10:25:08 AM via Website

I have the WI-FI only version aswell did anyone work out the android market/app store thing ??

Brody D.
  • Forum posts: 21

Apr 29, 2012, 5:55:35 AM via App

@ Peter Mason
G'day, if you haven't solved your problem yet, I had the same problem with no phone associated with my account, and the following advise from Käpt'n Andreas V solved it
"• Do not synchronize date and time thru the network automatically, take a look that you have the right Timezone.
• Menu-> Settings-> Date and Time-> Automatic ( has to be deactivated)"
Hope this helps you, let me know how it goes. :)

— modified on Apr 29, 2012, 5:58:16 AM

infamouspete
  • Forum posts: 94

Jul 6, 2012, 10:25:08 AM via Website

taghreed mahmoud
Hi guys,

I have just bought a viewsonic viewpad 10 and have million questions. Any one familiar with it to help me please?

why? what's wrong with your viewpad?