Google Nexus S — Loses data connection

• Replies:6
Johan
  • Forum posts: 7

Aug 23, 2011, 5:17:30 PM via Website

i don't know if anybody esle has been experiencing the same issue, but my Nexus S seems to drop my 3G connection at least once a day under strange circumstanes. All of a sudden, my 3G icon just won't go on and I have to reboot the entire phone to get to work again. It's not a huge issue, but it does get annoying have to repeat the same action on a regular basis. any ideas?

Amir Reynolds
  • Forum posts: 6

Aug 23, 2011, 5:24:26 PM via Website

Have you tried turning airplane mode on/off? That should help!

Johan
  • Forum posts: 7

Aug 23, 2011, 5:25:08 PM via Website

Yes I have and it doesn't work. any other ideas?

evan76
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 23, 2011, 5:31:25 PM via Website

I got the Nexus S from Best Buy totally new and I started having the same issue after about a week. Turning the airplane mode on/off did not help. The only thing that would solve the problem is turning the phone completely off and then on again.

Peter Long
  • Forum posts: 74

Aug 23, 2011, 5:32:32 PM via Website

Unfortunately, the Nexus S released in the US is being really buggy with a lot of people. It looks like it's a problem with the phone itself. Many people are returning it and complaining about it to the staff. It's a serious issue.

evan76
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 23, 2011, 5:34:15 PM via Website

I am thinking about returning the device because I really do not feel like restarting my phone every day when I lose data. The worst thing is that I lose data connection at the moment when I most need it i.e in the middle of a Skype conversation for example,

Black Mafia
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 4, 2023, 3:02:24 AM via Website

There could be several reasons why your Nexus S is dropping the 3G connection. Here are a few things you could try:

Check your network settings: Make sure that your phone is set up to connect to a 3G network, and that your mobile data is turned on. You can check these settings by going to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile networks.

Check for software updates: Make sure that your phone is running the latest software version. You can check for updates by going to Settings > About phone > System updates.

Clear the cache partition: Sometimes clearing the cache partition on your phone can help resolve connectivity issues. To do this, turn off your phone, then hold down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons until you see the bootloader screen. Use the volume buttons to select Recovery mode, then press the Power button to confirm. Once in recovery mode, select "Wipe cache partition" and confirm.

Try a different SIM card: If you have access to another SIM card, try inserting it into your phone to see if the issue is with your SIM card.

Contact your carrier: If none of the above steps work, it may be worth contacting your carrier to see if they can help diagnose the issue. They may need to replace your SIM card or suggest other troubleshooting steps.

I hope these tips help you resolve the issue with your Nexus S dropping the 3G connection.