Emails not making jump from phone to email account

• Replies:2
Raj P.
  • Forum posts: 22

Sep 21, 2011, 6:20:12 PM via Website

Hi everyone,

I've been noticing recently that my emails that I read on my phone don't show up in my email in box and I wanted to know why that is. If I read them first on my computer then I get them on my phone too. But If I open them with my phone first I never get them in my computer account. Its kind of odd and a bit disconcerting as they are the same account. Also I often need access to my emails from my computer. So far Ive just been email myelf important emails again but thats kind of a dumb fix. Anyone got a better one or know what this is happening?

Cheers

Dylan Ferguson
  • Forum posts: 14

Sep 22, 2011, 2:37:23 PM via Website

That sounds really weird. Is your phone somehow set to be your primary email account? Like did you set it up on your phone first and then use it on your computer? That's the only ting I can think of but I have no idea how to fix it. :(

Louis Hong
  • Forum posts: 20

Sep 22, 2011, 5:27:28 PM via Website

Not knowing what phone you are using I can't tell you how to do this exactly but I'd guess you don't have the option selected that tells the phone to keep a copy of the email on the server. It's normally under email and messaging settings. It does exactly what you think it does. It prevents the phone from deleting all read emails. Many phons have this as their default setting because it helps free up space server side. Hope that helps!