Samsung Galaxy S2 — Screenshot no root?

• Replies:5
Marshall Harris
  • Forum posts: 18

Sep 21, 2011, 6:31:49 PM via Website

Is there anyway to take a screenshot of an app with out it being attached to a computer? Like i I wanted to send a friend of mine a pic of my highscore in some game or something like that could I just take a shot of the screen without having to have it connected to a computer?

Louis Hong
  • Forum posts: 20

Sep 22, 2011, 4:31:21 PM via Website

I don't think you can.... I did a little googling and couldn't find anything for the latest generation which is kind of dumb... not to comare everything to apple but my iPod touch from two years ago can do with just by pressing the back button and start button at the same time... I wonder why Samsung didn't build this feature in. I mean they're running their own widgets on the system aren't they?

DroidLover
  • Forum posts: 49

Sep 23, 2011, 4:29:50 PM via Website

You're going to have to root it or you might be able to connect the HDMI cable from the Galaxy s2 to some computer and then screencap what you see on the monitor. That might work for you....

Cody R.
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 29, 2011, 12:57:57 AM via Website

Marshall Harris
Is there anyway to take a screenshot of an app with out it being attached to a computer? Like i I wanted to send a friend of mine a pic of my highscore in some game or something like that could I just take a shot of the screen without having to have it connected to a computer?

Just press the home and power buttons simultaneously for a moment. it will capture the screen and save it in a dir called screencapture.

You actually have to press the home button first but must press power while holding home just a fraction of a second later. hold them for about 1 sec.

— modified on Sep 29, 2011, 1:12:58 AM

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Sep 29, 2011, 10:26:28 AM via Website

Also, if you don't have the Galaxy S2, you can still take a screenshot without rooting. Check out my review of the screenshot app "Screen Capture Shortcut Free" here.

— modified on Sep 29, 2011, 10:27:40 AM

ian
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 22, 2011, 7:31:20 PM via Website

press the front button and the power button together fast .this works for me .but not had ago on a game