HTC incredible not updating to 2.3.4 help!

• Replies:3
Peter Long
  • Forum posts: 74

Sep 30, 2011, 4:26:47 PM via Website

So I have the HTC Incredible running at version 2.2 and I read that this was as far as support for it was going to go. I have Verizon. Then I was talking to my friend, who also uses Verizon and he was talking about ohow he got this big update on his phone about a month ago. Sure enough, his HTC Incredible is running 2.3.4. He also has Verizon. I try to update mine and it says that it is up to do date.

Whats causing this and how can I get around it? Thanks in advance for the help!

alex nuccio
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 30, 2011, 10:32:19 PM via Website

Hello, I just got off the phone with Verizon, and the technician agent said that the acutal update isn't out yet, but it should be out before the end of October. He also said that the update will be pushed automatically to your phone, and all you have to do is press install.

CJ Brown
  • Forum posts: 32

Feb 28, 2012, 11:43:04 AM via Website

Yes this is a late reply, but my HTC INCREDIBLE did accept the 2.3.4 Software update back in November 2011 (unfortunately, I do not see any 3.0 Honeycomb, nor 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich updates coming to the immediate future for the 3G HTC INCREDIBLE - which means 2012 will be the year I search for a new 4G Android Smart Phone) ...

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 28, 2012, 3:56:28 PM via Website

Honeycomb will never come to your device, as its for tablets only. ICS on the other hand is for both.

If you root your device, you can see here that theres already an available Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=638

Sorry for all the nerving about rooting. But you have nothing to lose, and its the best way to get your update quickly!

— modified on Feb 28, 2012, 3:56:54 PM