Video Chat App?? (htc android on 4g tmobile)

• Replies:6
Bree Zee
  • Forum posts: 4

Jan 21, 2012, 11:52:57 PM via Website

My fiance has a HTC android based phone. I have an iPod touch. He has t-mobile 4g and we like to video chat but his device says that Skype and oovoo do not work well with front facing camera. does anyone know of an app that does??

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Jan 23, 2012, 5:10:42 PM via Website

Skype actually does support front facing cameras on Android (at least it does on my Xperia play) Are you using a different program? Because if not then you should both be able to skype together.

Bree Zee

Jan 23, 2012, 5:13:53 PM via Website

His device told him that his particular android doesnt fully support front facing camera video chat. could it just be his phone or?

Bree Zee

Jan 23, 2012, 5:14:12 PM via Website

Aaron Tilton
Skype actually does support front facing cameras on Android (at least it does on my Xperia play) Are you using a different program? Because if not then you should both be able to skype together.

His device told him that his particular android doesnt fully support front facing camera video chat. could it just be his phone or?

Aaron Tilton

Jan 23, 2012, 6:19:49 PM via Website

Hmmm that could be the case. Have him upgrade his firmware ( by going to settings > about phone> software update) to make sure that he's up-to-date and then try upgrading skype if need be. Like I said I just tried my front facing camera out on my Xperia to make sure that it was possible and it worked like a charm.

Bree Zee

Jan 23, 2012, 8:08:27 PM via Website

Aaron Tilton
Hmmm that could be the case. Have him upgrade his firmware ( by going to settings > about phone> software update) to make sure that he's up-to-date and then try upgrading skype if need be. Like I said I just tried my front facing camera out on my Xperia to make sure that it was possible and it worked like a charm.

Ill have him do it and get back to you. it really upsets him that we can't video chat because we are currently long distance from each other

Aaron Tilton

Jan 24, 2012, 10:11:01 AM via Website

I know the feeling! I did an intercontenental relationship for 5 years so I know how important it is to be able to see each other. Like I said, Skype should work as it supports front cameras generally. If not drop another messege here in the forum and I'll see if we can't find another solution.