Swelling battery

• Replies:4
jakson Robert
  • Forum posts: 64

Mar 5, 2012, 11:15:37 AM via Website

So today i took my vzw hard case off so i can check out some old sd cards. I left the case off and a few hrs later i noticed something felt weird on the back of the phone. So i started looking at it and noticed that the backing of my phone by the sim card/sd card door was rasied.
Has anyone come across this yet?

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Mar 5, 2012, 11:47:41 AM via Website

No, I can't find that mentioned anywere. Is it hot or do you smell anything funny?

Rocky Hatt
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 8, 2012, 2:09:42 AM via Website

I didn't notice if my battery had swollen, 10 but it heated up in my shirt pocket, and that I had to take it out so it wouldn't burn me.
The last time it heated up, and after it cooled down, and my screen was cracked.
That was a lot of hassell from Verizon, telling me I dropped it, but I didn't.
Called Motorola and lot of talking, they replaced me screen and a new battery.
Just got it back on 3/6/12.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Mar 8, 2012, 10:20:05 AM via Website

Wow, that's a heavy problem. Have you heard about any other RAZR owners having the same battery swelling problem? I looked around a couple of other forum and con't find anything similar. Kind of scares me away from non-removable batteries.... :O

Richard Lyons
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 21, 2013, 7:42:14 AM via App

Rocky Hatt
I didn't notice if my battery had swollen, 10 but it heated up in my shirt pocket, and that I had to take it out so it wouldn't burn me.
The last time it heated up, and after it cooled down, and my screen was cracked.
That was a lot of hassell from Verizon, telling me I dropped it, but I didn't.
Called Motorola and lot of talking, they replaced me screen and a new battery.
Just got it back on 3/6/12.

They replaced screen/battery instead of sending you a refurbished unit?