text messaging problem

• Replies:5
Matt Wright
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 22, 2012, 3:22:11 AM via Website

Ok, I have explained this problem to so many people, I've lost count now. I've tried contacting my service provider's technical support about it, HTC's technical support about it, the store that I bought the phone about it, my wife, my friends....
Here's the problem....
When I'm texting, and in the middle of texting if I get a text message come into my phone, the screen shoots all the way up to the top of the list of text messages from the person I'm texting to. A notification will come on the screen shaded in grey saying that my text message has been saved to drafts. This happens every time I'm in the middle of texting and another text comes in. It's so annoying and frustrating as after it does it, I have to go back to the screen that shows my list of text messages from various contacts and find that person that I was trying to text to. My text message is there, saved like it says, and I have to finish the text message off then, only if there is no more interruptions from text messages coming in.
Also, while texting, sometimes, no matter what letter key button I push while making a word, it will jump right out of that screen and go back to my list of text messages from various contacts. The same notification as mentioned above will come on the screen shaded in grey saying that my text message has been saved to drafts and I have to go through the same process of finding that saved draft. All of the technical support that I was talking to, either from HTC or through my service provider, has no answers for me. HTC is requesting that I send it away for repair, which I don't really want to do, as it's going to cost me money. My service provider is being bastards and saying that I'm over the fourteen day period to which they could've done something for me. That was frustrating to hear as I am at this point in time, only four days over the fourteen day period. Any solutions please? Perhaps a software issue?
Thanks,
Matt

jakson Robert
  • Forum posts: 64

Mar 24, 2012, 8:53:10 AM via Website

Hi, there! I do have the same problem. Sometimes instead of jumping to the first message of the thread it comes back to all the messages. Does that happen to you to?

kat smith
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 24, 2012, 10:21:51 AM via App

i had this problem too.. go to settings - applications - quick launch... the whole alphabet is in there and you might have some as assigned shortcuts. press down on the ones that do till it pops up with the clear option. hope this helps.

Matt Wright
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 24, 2012, 7:28:38 PM via Website

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. What do you mean by press down on the ones that do till it pops up with the clear option?

kat smith
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 25, 2012, 1:09:44 PM via App

sorry... the touch screen, you can press and hold it down til a pop up appears

Sarah Jane Maynard
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 21, 2013, 10:50:31 PM via Website

Hey there! Sending it in for repair likely won't help. I have had three separate HTC ChaChas, after losing one and shattering another. The same problem has persisted in all three. I suspect it's a shortcut and each time I am hitting a combination of buttons that makes it happen. I'm going to follow the above advice, albeit unclear, and see if it works.