[FREE][GAME][1.6+] Guessy - Social Quiz Game

• Replies:4
Arkitect
  • Forum posts: 10

Jul 7, 2012, 8:00:52 PM via Website

Hey everyone,

I just finished putting together my first Android app and would love to get some feedback! It's a social quiz game in which players try to guess names of their friends and celebrities. See screenshots below for an example.

Guessy on Google Play

Thanks in advance! Happy droiding :)

Here's a more detailed description:

Guessy challenges you to guess the names of celebrities and your friends given partially covered pictures and hints. New celebrities are added every week. Hints about friends include information from their Facebook profile such as hometown, location, education, workplace and more.

How to play:
Guess the name of the person in the picture within 20 seconds by selecting one of the four choices.

How coins work:
Coins are valid for 5 days and should be used to play games before expiration. Every 2 seconds taken to guess costs 1 coin. Every correct guess wins 5 coins.

How bonus coins work:
Guess correctly in less than 10 seconds to win bonus points. Guessing in less than 5 seconds earns even more!

— modified on Jul 21, 2012, 8:22:03 PM

Arkitect

Jul 11, 2012, 6:57:46 AM via Website

It looks like many people want to try the app before connecting their Facebook account, so now I have added a mode where players can use the app with celebrity names without connecting their Facebook account. New version available on Google Play:

Guessy on Google Play

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks guys :)

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Jul 11, 2012, 3:55:17 PM via Website

Cool idea :) Congrats on your release!

Arkitect

Jul 18, 2012, 7:35:04 AM via Website

Hey everyone :)

Just wanted to get some feedback on two big changes I made to my app today. First, I removed the Hangman format and replaced it with a multiple choice quiz format. So, there is no typing, just tapping! Second, I added pictures as hints. See the updated screenshot:

Guessy on Google Play

It would be great to hear if you have any feedback or if you notice any bugs. Thanks!

— modified on Jul 18, 2012, 7:57:36 AM

Arkitect

Jul 21, 2012, 8:25:35 PM via Website

Added a new version with coins for wins, bonus coins for guessing quickly, and an updated celebrity list. Hungry for feedback :)

Guessy on Google Play