The flaws in Motorola's strategy

• Replies:2
Taez Khan
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 18, 2012, 10:35:34 AM via Website

"Chances are you’ve passed over Motorola’s most recent phones for blockbusters like the Galaxy S3. But with Google’s help, Motorola is planning an epic turn-around. The ailing American smartphone giant recently hired a woman from the Pentagon to head their innovation team. They’re also collaborating with metal scientists, acoustic engineers and artificial intelligence experts on new projects. Motorola is promising phones with advanced sensors that recognize who’s in your room, cameras that take crisper pictures and batteries that last for days. We don’t know if their plan to beat Samsung will work, but we do know one thing: we’re suddenly excited again about the future of Motorola."

Well that's all fine and good, but I believe that Motorola's overall strategy is flawed. You can't copy other business models without understanding your strengths and differences. That's what moto is doing now. That's where Samsung has excelled. Sure they copied designs from successful products out devices from their competitors, but they stood strong to their strengths and played their weaknesses to come up above everyone else. Samsung doesn't make as much profit from the US market as much as it makes everywhere else. That's why their products are released worldwide. That's why Sammy releases their phones in Asia and middle east and Europe before even talking to carriers in USA. They make their profits globally from a wide variety of devices. They always have and they always will. Motorola is exiting markets to better align itself to sell more phones than Samsung. That's a joke of a strategy. They are going downhill not up. So no, I have no doubt whatsoever if the rumours are true, I'm never going to be excited to buy a Motorola phone like I'm looking forward to what Sammy is going to come up with next.
Also Im sure all Motorola phones are going to be available only in the USA imprisoned to carrier deals. Far away from where the rest of the world lives.

Nancy Brown
  • Forum posts: 17

Dec 17, 2012, 11:58:21 AM via Website

Motorola was once a huge mobile seller company but now its sales have gone down, until they come up with some good phones they will keep on going to abyss

Weezy Rider
  • Forum posts: 11

Dec 20, 2012, 1:23:16 AM via Website

I use GSM, and happen to like TMOUS. The main problem here is all the Motorola advertising is directed at Verizon Users. Droid this, Droid that.

I now associate anything from Motorola as CDMA and Verizon, neither of which I want. Motorola overdid it with brand association.