Volume down+Power button gives factory mode

• Replies:3
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 24, 2013, 4:44:40 PM via Website

Hi!

So i got htc one x °(second hand ). Ofcorse set it to factory settings. I got problem with google play store, it is crashing before i can even open it . Tried to clear data,cache, reinstall play store manually etc. So i decited to mybe try to root phone ( dont know, mybe its already rooted) so mybe i can install new ROM ore try somthing else. One of operations is go to bootloader with button combination volume down and power button. Tried that , but all i get is factory mode witch looks like this , except i got not "clear flash" but clear eMMC . Picture is not mine.

What is that ?

— modified on Jan 24, 2013, 4:48:04 PM

tony williams
  • Forum posts: 47

Jan 25, 2013, 10:46:56 AM via Website

Hi its test screen take bat out with charger disconnected then put back in turn phone on. Does it load up? If yes try rom manager from play store if that doesnt work you will need to flash new rom best to go to xda-developers.com and type your phone in also get root checker from play store to see if phone is rooted, rooting will give u more access to your phone

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 25, 2013, 11:32:49 AM via Website

tony williams
Hi its test screen take bat out with charger disconnected then put back in turn phone on. Does it load up? If yes try rom manager from play store if that doesnt work you will need to flash new rom best to go to xda-developers.com and type your phone in also get root checker from play store to see if phone is rooted, rooting will give u more access to your phone

As i sad i have one x. Cant take battery out . And as i sad again, i cant access play store , because is crashing when i try to open it.

tony williams
  • Forum posts: 47

Jan 25, 2013, 12:20:37 PM via Website

Hi if your phone is not rooted go on google and type :Root HTC One x and click on link

Be very carefull follow all instructions in info this should help you .
If your phone already rooted you will have to flash new rom from internet
are you at home work etc do u have some spare time i could try to sort your phone from my house via laptop/pc connected to internet , you will need to install software called Team Viewer 8 i follow instructions then give me codes from team viewer and i can access you computer to access your phone if it is plugged in via usb , can you set usb debugging in settings to allow (tick) if so then i could help you where is you home country ? im in uk