Looking for App that combines Dictionary and Vocabulary functions

• Replies:0
William Hammersmith
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 20, 2013, 2:04:49 PM via Website

Hi,

I am looking for an Android App that is a Dictionary and a Vocabulary Trainer in one App (for typical Language Pairs like English-German, English-Spanish, English-French, German-French etc..). More precisely, the App should be able to do the following:

1) Dictionary: I want to be able to look up words whenever they come into my mind. For that the app should have an offline database. Looking up words has to work without a internet connection (otherwise the roaming costs would kill me when I travel to another country).

2) Vocabulary Managment: When I look up a word, I would like to be able to easily add this word to a List like "words I currently have to learn". It should be possible to manage and organize these lists on the phone. I would be very good, if one could sync these lists with a computer and manage them there too.

3) Vocabulary Training: The app should have some trainer which I can use to memorize words from the lists. It would also not hurt, if there were some standard lists for typical word fields pre-installed.

I already tried dict.cc, pons and leo.org, but all of them lack at least one such functionality. If a hack or feasable combination of several apps does the job, I would also be happy. Of course I would prefer a free solution, but I would also be willing to try a commercial product if it solves the problem.